MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
You must have and your resume must detail how you meet the specialized experience AND information technology-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies described below.
1. Attention to Detail - Meticulous; thoroughly reviews and proofreads various IT related data/information; dedicates focus to accomplish tasks that are complete, precise, and accurate to a given IT situation.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive IT services or IT products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess IT needs, provide expert technical information or assistance, resolve fairly complex or non-routine problems, or satisfy expectations; knowledge of available products and services; committed to providing quality IT products and services.
3. Communication - Expresses technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing presentations; listens to others, recognizes potential miscommunication, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies IT related problems using a variety of materials or sources; gathers and applies technical information to determine accuracy and relevance to moderately complex problems; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; makes decisions or recommendations that influence IT policies or programs and applies new developments to previously unresolved problems.
You have at least one year of experience as an Information Technology Specialist at the grade 13 level or at least one year of equivalent professional work experience. Examples of equivalent work experience include: investigating and analyzing a variety of unusual problems, questions, or conditions associated with a particular application or specialty area; formulating projects or studies such as those to substantially alter major systems; establishing criteria in an assigned application or specialty area; serving as a technical authority in a computer specialty area; responsibility for resolving critical problems in existing systems; coordinating with experts within and outside of your organization; experience serving as a consultant on computerized methodology; applying broadly stated objectives requiring extensive interpretation to define and isolate critical problems; responsibility for planning and carrying out work assignments, resolving conflicts that arise, coordinating the work with others and interpreting policy; and, determining the approaches to be taken to complete assignments or projects.
EDUCATION: Education cannot be substituted for experience at this grade level.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation (transcripts if applicable) to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire that you completed as part of the application and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." However, your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the occupational questions, or your score will be lowered. Candidates placed in the “gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) for all positions except for Professional and Scientific positions at the grade 9/ band II and above.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
1. Ability to manage, assign, and direct work in an IT processing environment, set priorities, prepare schedules, prepare projections and resource estimates, coordinate work with IT managers including contract managers, evaluate performance, and effectively accomplish work assigned to the program area of responsibility.
2. Ability to manage resources in a production processing environment, assuring services are provided for application troubleshooting and database administration.
3. Ability to select appropriate technologies, accurately assess risk, divide major systems into subsystems, develop, test, maintain production, and document an overall design approach following configuration management and testing best practices.
4. Ability to coordinate communication, activities, operations, and interfaces between branches and divisions to help define and clarify program needs, build consensus on program requirements and schedules, assure that data quality is maintained, and assure that interface and requirements documents are clear and unambiguous. To preview questions please click here.