For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You qualify for the GS-14 level (starting salary $105,211) if you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 level performing duties such as: Serving as project manager in detailed project plans for major database application initiatives; designing, implementing, sustaining and maintaining of Data Management Systems (i.e. Relational Database Management Systems, Network Database Management Systems, Extract Transform Load Systems, Service Oriented Architecture, Business Intelligence Systems).
Qualifications Must Be Met The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a top secret clearance. Completion of a full field investigation is required before appointment.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications, a score will automatically be calculated based on your answers to the vacancy specific questions to place you in one of three categories. All answers provided in the online process must be substantiated by your resume. Upon review, your resume and/or supporting documents need to support your answer choices, in order to be considered and deemed eligible. The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- Knowledge of database management systems such as Oracle and SQL Server, OLTP and OLAP databases to conduct feasibility studies and evaluate commercially available software packages.
- Skill in applying data mining, data storage, data warehousing concepts and methods, and ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) tools such as Informatica to execute a variety of database functions.
- Ability to ensure that their existing database conversion, integration and migration functions are being met to enforce proper database standards and guidelines.
- Ability to develop, produce and maintain back-end relational databases to develop logical/physical data models based on business requirements.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and responsibilities sufficient to oversee teams of IT specialists tasked with planning, analysis, design, development, and implementation of computer systems.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories: 1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria. 2. Well-Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria. 3. Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities. If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles:
If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here
to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under CTAP/ ICTAP, you must be placed in the Best Qualified category for this position, as described above for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement. Veterans:
Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific, professional at the GS-09 grade level, or higher. This position is not considered scientific/professional. For information on veterans' preference, please click here. To preview questions please click here.