Job Title:Information Technology Project Manager - NIAID - MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIAID-MP-13-835659
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, March 04, 2013 to
Friday, March 08, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Agency Employees Only|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current Permanent Title 5 National Institute Allergy and Infectious Diseases employees and individuals under CTAP only.|
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview
This position is located within the Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB), Office of Science Management and Operations (OSMO), Office of the Director (OD), Customer Service Branch (CSB), of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If you are selected for this position, you will serve as an authoritative senior technical project manager, team leader, consultant, and advisor to NIAID officials and organizations, providing a broad range of cyber infrastructure, computational biology, and cyber and information technology support, services and training to all major organizational components of the NIAID. More specifically, you will:
- Plan, schedule and direct ongoing work of contractors assigned to the team on a daily, quarterly and annual basis. Establish and improve work methods and procedures used to produce work products.
- Assign tasks to team members based on priorities and the capabilities of staff. Oversee development of technical data, estimates, statistics, proposed plans, and similar information useful to higher level managers in determining which goals and objectives to emphasize.
- Serve as an advisor in the assigned field (customer support) within authoritative expertise in supporting methods, techniques, principles and concepts.
- Ensure that customer requirements are fully understood, that the most appropriate technology and services are applied, that products and services undergo the appropriate levels of quality assurance testing.
- In conjunction with the Operations and Engineering Branch and other OCICB organizations, manage life-cycle programs for the NIAID Cyber Infrastructure and electronics technologies.
- Assess and demonstrate the effectiveness of new concepts and ideas for performing the work of the Branch
- Evaluate technological trends, and establish the most promising approaches for achieving high payoff advances in operational and mission requirements.
- Formulate overall customer support concepts and criteria to establish a baseline for advancement of the state-of-the-art.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must demonstrate in your resume IT related experience obtained in either the private or public sector, and/or completion of specific, intensive training that demonstrates that you possess each of the following four competencies: 1. Attention to Detail is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; 2. Customer Service Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; 3. Oral Communication Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; 4. Problem Solving identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector typically gained in the IT field or through performing IT related tasks such as: reviewing project plans for accuracy and completeness; coordinating IT projects; writing and maintaining IT system design documents; responding to IT problems and issues raised by customers to obtain resolutions or corrections of problems; conducting IT project status briefings with business stakeholders; and partnering with customer and technical staff to troubleshoot IT systems issues or problems.
View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: