Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student on at least a half-time schedule at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program. You will be required to provide documentation to support your eligibility for the program. See the How to Apply section for details.
GS-05: Bachelors degree in any field OR experience demonstrating the four competencies listed below.
GS-07: One full year of graduate level education OR superior academic achievement OR one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 grade level.
In addition, applicants applying at the GS-07 grade level, must also have experience demonstrating the four competencies listed below:
· Attention to Detail Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
· Customer Service Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
· Oral Communication Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
· Problem Solving Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and make recommendation.
Specialized experience is experience directly related to the position to be filled. The specialized experience requirements for this position are:
1. Knowledge of application software principles and methods used to develop and test software.
2. Knowledge of programming languages.
3. Skill in developing flow charts, data models, and documents.
All qualification and eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
If qualifying all or in part based on your education, you must submit a copy of your academic transcripts OR a list of college courses with credit hours, dates completed, and grade point average or class ranking to verify education when applying for this position. If this information is not provided, your education may not be appropriately evaluated and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are selected for this position, you will have to provide an official copy of your transcripts prior to entering on duty.
Graduate education must be directly related to the work of the position and must have equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work.
Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional/accredited U.S. education programs to be acceptable for Federal employment. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Please visit the Office of Personnel Management's website for additional information on this topic.
Your application package will be reviewed to determine if you meet eligibility and minimum qualification requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
the online application process is complete, you will receive an acknowledgement
e-mail. Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official for
consideration. If there are qualified candidates with veterans' preference,
only those applicants will be referred to the hiring manager.