For the GS-12
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service; providing a wide variety of building operation, maintenance, safety, environmental and management services; representing the organization on special projects; utilizing an automated computer aided design and drafting (CADD) system to develop space tracking and billing; entering and retrieving information and data from computer database systems specifically CADD; and monitoring building renovations and construction projects.
For the GS-13
Have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, monitoring building renovations and construction projects; reviewing and approving plans for installation of equipment; participating in the design, development and utilization of the automated computer aided design and drafting (CADD) system; serving as a project officer for the mechanical maintenance contract and blanket purchase agreements for facility services; developing and updating equipment workloads; approving maintenance plans, including standards and frequencies; and conducting inspections of preventive maintenance, repairs and new installations.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Pre-employment physical required: No
6. Drug testing required: No
7. Financial disclosure required: Yes
8. One-year probationary period may be required.
9. Mobility agreement required: No
10. Immunization required: No
11. Travel required: No
12. Moving expenses authorized: No
13. Relocation incentive authorized: No
14. Recruitment incentive authorized: No
15. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
16. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
17. Bargaining Unit Position: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of computer aided design and drafting (CADD) equipment and systems, computer operations and support software such as Auto CAD and MS Office suite.
2. Knowledge of facilities management practices to operate and maintain all mechanical systems, electrical, plumbing, and building environmental control and energy management system.
3. Knowledge of market factors, available sources, cost estimating guides for preparing detailed cost estimates for contracted work.
4. Skill in oral communication.
5. Skill in written communication.