All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Basic Requirements: Applicant must possess a J.D. or LL.B. degree and be an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Minimum Qualification Requirement: In addition to the Basic Requirements applicants must have at least four years of specialized experience as a practicing attorney, three years of which includes preparing pleadings, briefs and other court papers involving complex legal issues in complex civil litigation; and conducting complex civil litigation and familiarity with federal procedural law (including the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure), the Federal Rules of Evidence, and federal substantive law, including federal securities law.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your qualifications will be further evaluated based upon the following KSAs. You are required to complete narratives for each KSA in the occupational questionnaire portion of this announcement. Failure to respond to these narratives may result in your being deemed not highly qualified for the position.
· Skill preparing pleadings, briefs and other court papers involving complex litigation
· Skill conducting civil litigation and knowledge of federal substantive and procedural law
· Ability to work effectively with others on a litigation team
· Ability to deal and negotiate effectively with opposing counsel
· Skill taking trial testimony, depositions and/or investigative testimony
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. The full performance level of this position is SK-16.
5. This appointment may require completion of a trial period up to two years.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is in the bargaining unit.
Information for veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Once the announcement closes, your application will be automatically evaluated and rated by the system and a Human Resources Specialist. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your application and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.