Agency: Environmental Protection Agency
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
Founded in 1970, EPA is a dynamic organization employing people from diverse backgrounds dedicated to improving and preserving the quality of public health and the environment.
EPA seeks to recruit exceptional men and women who will work in new creative ways that are cleaner for the environment, cheaper for business and taxpayers, and smarter for America's future.
The position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Mission Systems (OMS). OIG conducts audits, investigations and program evaluations of major EPA environmental programs. OMS serves as the focal point for developing, coordinating, implementing and maintaining OIG information resource management systems and provides technical direction to the OIG staff located across the nation in multiple offices.
The Information Technology Specialist (Security) serves the OIG Information Security Specialist who administers the information security program at Headquarters and at Resource Centers across the nation. He/she furnishes definitive technical authority for physical and information security matters within EPA/OIG.
Who May Apply: Merit Promotion eligible candidates
You are eligible under merit promotion procedures, if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous Federal service
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service
- Individuals with disabilities - For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
You must submit the appropriate documentation in order to be considered under merit promotion procedures, such as:
- Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 that includes position information, grade level and competitive status); and copy of most recent performance appraisal is required for current Federal employees. (The Performance Appraisal submitted for current federal employees must be from within the last year);
- DD-214 from Veterans for consideration under special Veteran appointing authorities; and
- Non Competitive Appointment Authority documentation, if applicable
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy.
Filling this position is subject to funding availability.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Resume and supporting documents (See the How To Apply section.)
- Relocation expenses are not included.
- You would be subject to random drug testing.
- 1-5 days travel per month
- Able to obtain and maintain critical-sensitive clearance