In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this AVIATION RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training interpreting, explaining, and/or applying a variety of regulations and procedures. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in arranging or procuring transportation for personnel, cargo or freight. Experience in pre and post auditing of freight bills, bills of lading, and personnel transportation vouchers. Experience coordinating and negotiating with organizations/personnel both orally and in writing to resolve differences/problems.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate or 30 semester hours for 12 months experience. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position (i.e., traffic management, business administration, etc.).
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Broad knowledge of various aviation management programs, policies, requirements, and objectives to: determine eligibility and entitlement to incentive pay; publish aeronautical and military pay orders; review information received from finance, medical, personnel, and maintenance for use in the review and auditing of flight records to include: correct and current aeronautical orders, military pay orders, medical and physiological requirements, training requirements, flying hours, and Aviation Position Indicators.
2. Applies knowledge of aviation resource management principles, programs, policies, and practices, and skill in interpreting and explaining the law and regulations relating to all facets of administering the incentive pay programs (ACIP, CEFIP, & HDIP).
3. Applies knowledge of and skill in flight management principles and methods, to include management of the flying hour management program in order to provide documentation and reports to assist in the Wing's effective use of the annual flying hour allocation.
4. Applies knowledge of software programs, i.e., Aviation Resource Management System, Oracle Browser, and various ad-hoc programs, to create or revise various reports, tables, or products to aid management in the development of policies, procedures, and strategies for an effective aviation program. Includes knowledge on installation of program updates, patches, or releases; interface requirements for use of ad hoc programs; how to troubleshoot system difficulties; and to repair or request system repairs.
5. Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of the program managed and in developing strategies for necessary improvements.
6. Ability to anticipate issues of potential sensitivity that arise during the administration of the Aviation Resource Management system.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Enlisted Members Only
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
To verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.