SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience:
- Leading, managing and supervising an HR Program, or component thereof, which provided the full breadth of Human Capital Management services;
- Providing comprehensive customer service and consultation to senior management and employees;
- Developing, interpreting and/or advising executive management on the broad range of Human Capital polices and administration;
- Providing substantive input to the strategies and succession planning of Human Capital resources for a large organization.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do NOT provide a separate narrative written response. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below.
1. Knowledge of principles, concepts, laws and regulations of HR management and of the HR functions, including: position management, classification, recruitment, compensation, employee relations, labor relations, employee development and training.
2. Ability to plan, supervise and administer program activities and services.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with varied audiences.
4. Knowledge of problem solving and decision making techniques in order to ensure organization issues are resolved and closed out in a timely manner.
5. Skill in managing resources (e.g. financial, human and material.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education is not required and cannot be substituted for experience. But your educational background will be considered in the evaluation of your overall qualifications for this position.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: New supervisors are required to complete 80 hours of supervisory training of which 40 hours must be completed during your first year as a supervisor. Submission of a financial disclosure form is also required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online résumé/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Within each category, veteran preference eligibles will be listed at the top of the category. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and below.
If your résumé is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.