The Department of Energy's (DOE's) overarching mission is to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the U.S. With DOE you'll have the flexibility and freedom to explore a world of possibilities.
This position is located in the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) Office of Institutional Operation in either Morgantown, West Virginia (salary: $113,735 - $147,857) or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (salary: $115,937-$150,719).
NETL is responsible for:
--implementing a broad spectrum of energy and environmental research and development programs that will return benefits of generations to come,
--conducting cutting-edge research and technology development on-site, and
-- shaping, funding, and managing contracted research in the U.S. and more than 40 foreign countries.
A successful candidate in this position will:
--develop and administer all human resources (HR) functions, and
--ensure the execution, integrity, nonpartisanship and quality of all NETL personnel programs.
As Human Resources (HR) Officer, you will:
- Serve as senior advisor to the Director, Deputy Director and NETL senior managers on HR, employee development, workforce analysis and succession planning.
- Manage a staff of 18 Federal HR Specialists and Assistants, through subordinate supervisors, and additional site support contractors.
- Plan, direct, implement and evaluate activities associated with management of HR operations and programs, striving for program improvement.
- Identify key success factors for HR, set goals and track success towards meeting goals based on a predetermined schedule.
- Determine allocation and utilization of resources, both monetary and manpower, among HR program areas.
- Develop HR short-, medium-, and long-range plans for operation of the Division and monitor performance against those plans and resource allocations.