SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-06) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property. Creditable specialized experience includes detailed knowledge of police officer procedures and operating methods to perform the full range of police officer activities independently and knowledge of special operating requirements, methods, and procedures for enforcing specialized personnel access controls and preventing unauthorized access to areas where stringent security requirements are enforced, ability to operate Incident Manager System and Security Force Management Information system and other knowledge and skills as described in the job duties and KSA section of this announcement.
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-06 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of police officer procedures and operating methods to perform the full range of police officer activities independently.
2. Knowledge of special operating requirements, methods and procedures for enforcing specialized personnel access controls and preventing unauthorized access to areas where stringent security requirements are enforced.
3. Knowledge of the rights of detained individuals and organizational rules regarding the appropriate use of force to be used in the apprehension of persons.
4. Knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques for functioning as a quick reaction force team member in support of intergrated base defense and of the operation of specialized weapons, security systems and equipment.
5. Knowledge of the tactics, techniques and procedures necessary for preparation and response to catastrophic events, enemy attacks and related threats to installations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. This position has been identified as a designated position under the Air Force Drug Testing Plan. Incumbent(s) of this position is subject to the possibility of a random drug testing.
2. Incumbent is required to receive and maintain a favorable ANACI.
3. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sept 96) if the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
4. May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty to include nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and subject to recall.
5. May be required to wear special protective clothing such as coats, boots, vests, helmets and/or chemical protective equipment.
6. Must pass an initial pre-employment medical examination, periodic medical examinations, required initial and annual Air Force physical fitness/physical agility tests, meet established hearing standards and discern colors., contrast and depth. The incumbent must immediately report to his supervisor any significant medical threshold shifts in health status and/or medication requirements.
7. Must undergo initial and periodic job compatability assessments.
8. The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license may be required for the position.
9. Incumbent must be able to operate all Security Forces Vehicles and installed equipment.
10. Incumbent must be qualified in the use of required weapons.
11. Must wear a uniform and meet applicable Air Force dress and appearance standards.
12. Overtime may be required.
13. Subject to annual duty position evaluation on a pass/fail standard.
14. Must pass initial formal law enforcement training school as determined by functional, certificate from a Federally recognized Law Enforcement Academy is preferred.
15. Work may occasional require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
16. Incumbent will be exposed to the day-to-day dangers associated with law enforcement and security duties.
17. This position may be designated as mission essential based on local conditions. Mission essential personnel report for duty at normal times when the base is closed or delayed reporting and remain on duty during phased or early release.
18. Incumbent is required to obtain first responder training/certifications required in CPR techniques, self aid buddy care and first aid on the job and maintain annually.
19. This position may be designated as a key position IAW AFI 36-507. Duties of this position may be locally determined to be essential to the accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations. Incumbents of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternative for filling of the position during an emergency are not available.
20. This position may fall under the Standard Premium Pay Provisions under Title 5 USC.
21. Recurring training is required to keep the incumbent knowledgeable on the updated specialized tactics, techniques and procedures necessary for preparation and response to catastrophic events, terrorist attacks and related threats to installations.
22. Ability to employ "infantry/SWAT" small unit tactics involving fire and maneuver, with rapid advancing movement defensive positions, while wearing protective gear for extended periods of time, e.g.; Employing "Active Shooter" response tactics and techniques as a member of a small team is required.
23. High school diploma is required.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.