All applicants must meet the qualification requirements of this position by the time of appointment.
If selected, all applicants must meet the qualification requirements at the time of appointment.
Basic Requirements - All nursing applicants must meet the following education and licensure requirement in order to be considered for the GS-610, Nurse Series:
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant; Masters of Science in Nursing Administration or other nursing filed is highly desirable but not required; AND
Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Specialized Experience: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Other Specialized fields of nursing may include: inpatient, outpatient, medical, surgical, emergency (ER), intensive care (ICU), obstetrics (OB), float pool (FP) and psychiatric.
Work experience reflecting knowledge of current nursing principles, practices, procedures, standards of care required to provide nursing care. Work experience reflecting knowledge of hospital policy and procedures relating to patient care. Work experience managing patient care in varying medical situations.
To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression based on qualification standards regulated by Office of Personnel Management for the occupation in the organization.
Administrative and Supervisory Experience: For positions which are administrative in nature, applicants must demonstrate the ability to perform successfully administrative duties such as developing procedures planning, organizing and monitoring studies involving the analysis of data and preparing reports. For supervisory positions at least one year of the qualifying experience must have included significant supervisory duties and demonstrated ability to perform them successfully.
Your education and work experience may be combined to meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Additional Requirements - In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, all applicants must meet one of the education or experience requirements as listed below:
Applicants must meet one of the following to be considered at the GS-11 level:
· Completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education OR
· 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-10 level in the Federal service performing work that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position as described in the vacancy announcement; OR
· Combination of education and experience that when combined fully meet the minimum qualifications for this position. The total percentage equals at least 100 percent to qualify for this GS-11 grade level.
Applicants must meet one of the following to be considered at the GS-12 level:
· One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service performing work that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position as described in the vacancy announcement.
You must provide the required information during the online application process:
· Resume complete in USAJOBS
· Responses to Questionnaire
· Applicable Supporting Documentation (see the Required documents section in this announcement for more details) including OF 306 Addendum
Conditions of Employment:
- Selectee(s) are required to be immunized against Measles and Rubella and provide documentation prior to or at the time of their start date. Special consideration may be allowed to individuals who are allergic to a component of the vaccine or are currently pregnant. Selectee(s) must have documented immunity to Rubella and Measles.
- Selectee(s) may be required to satisfactorily complete a one-year probationary period.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- Selectee(s) may be required to travel and must possess a valid driver's license.
Qualified disabled applicants (Rehabilitation Act of 1973) and disabled veterans with 30% or more disability are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with disabilities, except when doing so would impose undue hardship on the Indian Health Service. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (602) 364-5219. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
These vacancies are being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's delegated Direct Hire Authority. The following is applicable: all applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply to this vacancy.
The HHS Careers system simplifies the Federal application process by replacing the former KSA job-element statements with on-line self-assessment questions. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications requirements will be invited to complete an on-line questionnaire assessing the following:
· Planning and Evaluating
· Education and Training
· Interpersonal Skills
· Decision making in Nursing Administration
· Decision making in EEO Requirement
If found qualified, your score will range from 70-100 points (not including points that may be assigned for Veterans' Preference). We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. You will be deemed well qualified if you score 85 and above.
For I/CTAP purposes, you will be deemed well-qualified if you are placed in at least the well-qualified category.