Job Title:Food Service Worker, WG-7408-03
Department:Department of the Air Force
Agency:Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number:AFMCD-833061-811835-9X-AL
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Tuesday, February 26, 2013 to
Thursday, February 28, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Temporary NTE 1 Year|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is one of the largest, most diverse and complex installations in the Air Force, encompassing approximately 11,000 civilian positions. Whether your career is in maintenance, cutting-edge research & development, or somewhere in between, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base may have the job for you.
This announcement will result in a 90-day register which may be used to fill vacancies for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement. Referrals may be made as vacancies occur.
Position Location: 88th Medical Group (88 MDG), 88th Diagnostics and Therapeutics Squadron (88 DTS) Nutritional Medicine Flight (88 DTS/SGQD), Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
Position Summary: To assemble patient trays and to assist cooks in preparation of simple foods.
- U.S. citizenship required
- Position to be filled through Delegated Examining Authority
- Travel expenses may or may not be paid
- Recruitment and relocation incentives may or may not be used
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance
- Pre-employment physical examination is required
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
WG Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of food service sanitation standards including procedures to prevent contamination, spoilage, and waste.
- Knowledge of special procedures in preparing food from standardized recipes for regular and modified menus, food terminology, and serving information.
- Knowledge of food service safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic in order to count number of tables/trays required, to determine number of servings a container will yield, and to count change when required to perform cashier duties.
- Skill in the use and maintenance of kitchen tools and food service equipment such as knives, mechanical dishwasher, and powered cleaning equipment.
- Ability to organize work in logical sequence, execute tasks quickly and accurately, and meet strict meal schedules.
- Ability to read and understand simple signs, names of food items, and instructions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Education cannot be substituted for experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- May be required to work rotating shifts.
- May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Emergency overtime may be required.
- The work may require the employee to possess a Food Handler's Card, and use/wear appropriate uniforms, safety, and sanitation equipment.
- May be required to attend Quality Improvement Training and to participate in section Quality Improvement Teams and data collection efforts.
- Pre-employment physical examination is required.
This may be a Testing Designated Position. The incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing.
Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance.
- This is a Temporary position not-to-exceed 1 year. You cannot become a permanent employee based on selection from this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
NOTE REGARDING BASIS OF RATING: The numeric rating you receive is based on YOUR responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the specialized experience, education requirements (if applicable), and knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience; your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
BASIS OF RATING: Your application will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience in your resume meet the KSAs required for the position. If you meet the basic qualification requirements for the position, your application will be assessed and placed into one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. For more information on Category Rating. Click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, February 28, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 833061. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. OPM Form 1203FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses, please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
· Online Application (Questionnaire)
· Resume (Must include beginning/ending month & year for each employment period)
· Veterans Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10 point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
For more information on veterans preference click here.
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144.
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. After a review of your complete application is made, you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official.