Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. Education may only be substituted in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov. Applicants applying for the GS-13 grade level must meet the following requirements: Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
AND Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
• Experience applying advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices in multiple IT functions (e.g. virtualization, networks, IT planning, security, systems and software engineering).
• Experience with oral and written communication in order to communicate complex technical requirements to non-technical personnel; prepare and present briefings to senior management officials on complex/controversial issues; and win buy-in from stakeholders on business process or technical changes to operations.
• Experience with project management principles, methods, and practices including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones, and deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments .
• Experience applying IT systems analysis principles and techniques and business process engineering concepts to assess new systems design methodologies to improve the way IT is applied to key business functions .
NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-13 position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures on the quality and extent of your education (if applicable), experience, and training that is relevant to the duties of this position. If you are found minimally qualified for the job, your application package will be further evaluated to determine your possession of the critical knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics of this announcement. Your responses to the job specific self-assessment questionnaire will be validated against your resume to determine if you meet the qualification requirements for this position. Your resume must provide enough detail to fully support your answers to the job specific self-assessment questionnaire. Applicants found to be among the top candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. When answering the self-assessment questions, keep in mind that information contained in your resume is subject to verification. If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lowered score, which may also eliminate you from consideration for this position. Based on the responses to the job-specific self-assessment questions, eligible candidates are placed for selection consideration into one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Highly-qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, candidates must demonstrate proficiency in some but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics and must be supported by information in your resume:
•Knowledge of advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices in multiple IT functions.
•Skill in oral and written communication.
•Knowledge of project management principles, methods, and practices.
•Ability to apply IT systems analysis principles and techniques and business process engineering concepts.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and in order to fully evaluate your application it must contain the information outlined in the Applying for a Federal Job pamphlet (OF-510) http://careers.state.gov/forms/of0510.pdf. To receive full consideration, your resume must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Failure to identify the required experience in your resume will result in loss of consideration. You may receive credit for unpaid or volunteer experience on the same basis as paid experience, provided it is directly related to this job. To receive proper credit, you resume must include: (1) knowledge of the subject matter and technical skills pertinent to the position; (2) examples of the specific duties performed that fully detail the level and complexity of the work for each job listed; (3) actual time spent in such activities (percentage of time worked in each position); (4) beginning and ending dates of employment (dates must be listed with both month and year for qualifying purposes); (5) frequency worked (i.e., daily, monthly, etc.); (6) number of hours worked; and (7) names and phone numbers of your current and/or previous supervisor(s). This information must be clearly identified in your resume. For tips on writing your resume, please visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/resumeandapplicationtips.asp#icc. Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit the appropriate documentation (DD-214, SF-15, letter from VA, etc.) with your application materials to receive preference. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated well-qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority. Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. To preview questions please click here.