In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training involving administrative or clerical experience (i.e., applying guidelines, rules and regulations to assignments, composing correspondence, researching and compiling information and data, and records administration). Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 12 months experience, education or training evaluating and determining regulatory compliance. Experience using guidelines,methods, precedents and techniques applicable to the specific programs or phases relative to the position. Experience conducting studies, preparing reports, and making changes to eliminate ineffective operations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
For the first six months of specialized experience, study successfully completed in a resident school above the high school level may be substituted at the rate of specialized experience, provided the study included at least 6 semester hours in subjects closely related to the personnel field. Such subjects include: English composition, public administration, statistics or other courses where primary emphasis is on writing skills.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Practical knowledge of Information Resource Management (IRM) concepts and Records Life Cycle Management Program methods as they relate to the wing/base's information systems, network, and manual operating environments to plan, manage, protect and control information resources and supporting information technologies.
2. Practical knowledge in web page design principles and methods, graphics markup and other web programming languages, browser technical requirements, file formats used in the delivery of web content and web page formatting standards.
3. General knowledge of the mission, objectives, terminology, and management practices in the activity, the agency, and the department to recognize probable areas of interaction and overlap between proposed and existing systems.
4. Knowledge of the Information Management Systems, Electronic Publication and Technical Order Distribution programs.
5. Knowledge of a wide range of policies, regulations, manuals and precedents such as DoD, AF, NGB, and technical specifications for Automated Information Systems (AIS), web services and information technology applicable to the implementation and management of the IRM programs.
6. Working knowledge of training program development and implementation to include lesson plan and subject matter delivery.
7. Practical working knowledge of telecommunications, computer, and information transmission systems, and software such as MAPPER, IAOS, AROWS and electronic mail.
8. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies, reviews technical periodicals, publications, commercial standards, and attends seminars.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.