To apply for this position, you must provide both of the following parts:
1. Your responses to the Qualifications Questionnaire, and
2. Your resume and any other documents specified in the Required Documents section of this job announcement.
Use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire for convenience and quickest processing.
Option A: Online Qualifications Questionnaire
Tips for using the Online Qualifications Questionnaire:
You must click both Finish and Submit when you are done. Your Online Qualifications Questionnaire is not processed and your résumé is not attached until you click the Submit button, even if USAJOBS says it sent your résumé.
You can upload or fax supporting documents after you Submit the Online Qualifications Questionnaire.
You must complete the entire process by the closing date --
To make sure everything you submitted is successfully received, follow these steps:
1. Go to: https://www.applicationmanager.gov and log in using the box right hand side of the page.
2. Click the radio button for this Vacancy Announcement: Click Select a Vacancy.
3. Verify that all of your documents appear on the table with a status of Processed.
If you Submit more than one Qualifications Questionnaire for this position, the most recent one Submitted is the one that is used. Therefore, it is important for you to complete it in its entirety.
To begin your Online Qualifications Questionnaire, choose one of these options:
If your résumé is going to come from the USAJOBS Resume Builder, you begin the process by clicking the Apply Online button near the bottom of this page. Your résumé will be attached only to the Online Qualifications Questionnaire you complete and Submit from this session, not to any Questionnaires you may already have Saved or Submitted.
If your résumé is going to be one you prepared outside of USAJOBS Résumé Builder, click this link to begin the process: Online Questionnaire.
Option B: Paper Qualifications Questionnaire
If it is not practical for you to use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire, you can write your answers on paper. Follow these steps:
1. You can print a copy of this job announcement so that you can read the questions off line.
2. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. You can obtain the form at this URL http://www.opm.gov./Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf or by calling USAJOBS by Phone at (703) 724-1850 after the introduction, press 1, and listen for instructions.
3. You may submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax.
By Fax: If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, you do not need a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing. If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here -- http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf -- and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.
ANNOUNCEMENTS CLOSE AT 12:00 A.M. (MIDNIGHT) EASTERN STANDARD TIME Thursday, March 28, 2013
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Electronics Intergrated System Mechanic
001 Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic
062205085 Moffett Field, CA
1. Are you a current military member of the Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Regular Air Force?A. Yes
2. Do you currently possess the military grade of E-5 through E-6?A. Yes
3. Do you possess experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of electronic theories and practices to identify, isolate and repair malfunctions in one or more complex integrated systems where knowledge of the entire system is necessary to interpret error data and trace back through a number of units of the system to locate deficiencies; thorough knowledge of principles of digital and analog circuits, electro-mechanical devices, solid state devices, digital techniques, synchro/servo operation and integrated circuit theory; ability to interpret and trace schematics, logic and wiring diagrams and use a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE)?A. Yes
4. Do you have 18 months of specialized experience or training in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic integrated systems equipment; experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic integrated systems equipment; experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment; experience in using a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE); experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
5. Performs maintenance on one or more complete electronic integrated systems such as the Fuel Savings Advisory System (FSAS), Self Contained Navigation System (SCNS), All Weather Landing System, and Malfunction Detection, Analysis, and Recording System (MADAR).
6. Performs maintenance on automatic flight control systems, instrument systems, communications and navigation systems, and inertial navigations systems.
7. Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary.
8. Conducts on-the-job training on assigned systems and related support equipment and tasks to include classroom instruction as necessary.
9. Processes and accounts for due-in from maintenance (DIFM) supply assets.
10. Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Inspector General (IG) inspections, and Unit Effectiveness Inspections and mobility and command support exercises.
If your resume DOES NOT includes all the items requested on this vacancy announcement, along with a narrative description of how you meet the general and specialized experience requirements, you may lose consideration for the position.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, transcripts or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
For this job announcement the following documents are required:
Transcripts (if applicable)
· Air Force: Copy of Records Review Report on Individual Person (RIP) within last 30 days;
**For applicants submitting a RIP - Please only include the pages that specify your current Rank/AFSC**
· Army: Copy of Personnel Qualification Record within last 30 days
The following documents are NOT acceptable as attachments to applications: Photographs, copies of position descriptions, training certificates, performance ratings (civilian or military), award certificates or letters of appreciation.
Back to top
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgment email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.