Job Title:Technology Transfer Specialist
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:HQ-13-CAT-01-ED-00039
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 26, 2013 to
Tuesday, March 12, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
District Of Columbia County, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All U.S. Citizens
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Economic Impact and Diversity (ED). ED has the responsibility for minority education, small business, Equal Employment Opportunity (EE), civil rights, and diversity within DOE.
A successful candidate in this position will provide support for the full programmatic portfolio in the areas of minority education and small business programs to ensure collaboration between DOE program offices and national laboratories to increase the number of under-represented educational institutions and small businesses in technology transfer and commercialization inititatives.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- Relocation is at your own expense
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a technology transfer specialist, you will:
- Serve as the program contact and advisor to the Director
- Review existing proliferates technology transfer and technology commercialization
- Advises the office Director on technical planning of complex research, development, metrics and demonstration activities.
- Prepare technical reports, communications in response to inquiries and other documentation required as it relates to program performance.
- Provides input to preparation, justification and support of the budget for designing, developing, and deploying a national commercialization program
- Makes presentations on objectives, content, and progress to a variety of professional audiences
- Participates in professional society meetings, and reports reception of objectives to the Director.
- Represents the Office in intradepartmental and interagency groups for exchange of information on research, development, demonstration, and evaluation
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIEINCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level(GS-9) in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Designing, developing and deploying a technology commercialization program.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do NOT provide a separate narrative written response. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below.
- Knowledge of the principles of project management, including establishment of milestones and structuring of management plans for performing the work
- Knowledge of departmental goals, policy, programs, projects, and efforts related to assigned program areas
- Knowledge of the budget process to program and administer funding for a variety of work efforts
- Ability to prepare and administer the internal operating budget
- Knowledge of several types of automation software packages, practices, and procedures
- Ability to apply the knowledge and skills in processing and producing a wide range of documents and other materials in support of the programs
- Knowledge of technology commercialization and applications
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Although a degree is not required, your educational background will be strongly considered in the evaluation of your overall qualifications for this position. Supporting documentation of your education and training is appreciated, even though not required for this position. Please fax all supporting documents in accordance with the instructions provided under Required Documents in the "How to Apply" section.
All supplemental documentation MUST BE received by the closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online résumé/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Within each category, veteran preference eligibles will be listed at the top of the category. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and below.
If your résumé is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete online application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish the application. Our application system displays a deadline timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference.
Steps to submit a complete application:
- You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed résumé. Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded résumés and require that you have a completed résumé within your USAJOBS profile using the Résumé Builder (click the link for more information).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the Apply Now button.
- You must respond to all application assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to): transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and other supporting documents.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process--YOU ARE NOT DONE YET! You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received. Your USAJOBS status page may show a complete application even if you have not fully completed the final step of the application process.
This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under Merit Promotion procedure as announcement #HQ-13-MP-01-ED-00039R . You must apply to the vacancy for which you wish to receive consideration. If you wish to be considered for this position under both DE and MP procedures, you must apply to both announcements.
If your résumé does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours. If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Résumé Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.email@example.com.
If you cannot apply online because of a disability, please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Résumé supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- Applicants using education to qualify (if allowed): Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and grade. Education cannot be substituted for experience in some positions at higher grade levels. Please see the Education section for more information.
- Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency to receive Veterans Preference under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority. Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.