SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-05) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include using performing Unit Administrative Function; being responsible for the overall management and/or accomplishment of all general administrative/personnel/orderly room functions and actions required for the support of the organization and its personnel; training, orienting, directing, and overseeing the duties and work products of reservists and others assigned to assist; as well as serving as the unit focal point for all unit administrative, personnel, and finance matters for both other organizations and unit members.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-05 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a broad range of information management, administrative, personnel, clerical, and pay directives, policies, instructions, requirements, procedures, and processes to independently make decisions and recommendations and manage areas of responsibility.
2. Able to read and understand written and oral directives and guidance, and skill in oral and written communication methods and techniques at various levels and venues.
3. Ability to effectively manage and organize various activities and tasks, singularly and together.
4. Knowledge and ability to effectively utilize computer systems, programs, and products; and to understand and integrate new hardware and software into unit operations.
5. Ability to effectively work with and communicate with others, and as required, oversee, manage, and assist others.
6. Services of a qualified typist is required.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve standards and requirements. Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTA). The incumbents regular assignments are ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. May be required to fly in commercial and military aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments. Receives specialized training in accordance with directives and requirements. Must maintain proficiency in duties and may be required to successfully pass annual or random duty position evaluation. Must wear prescribed military uniform and render proper customs and courtesies.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.