These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
· The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
· The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
· Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
· For more benefits information please visit: http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html
· You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
· TDY Travel: OCCASIONAL
· This notice is issued under the direct-hire authority. Using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provisions of Title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
· Veterans Preference: Veterans preference does not apply under this Direct-Hire Authority (DHA).
· A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
· This position is subject to completion of 1 year probationary period for assignment to a supervisory position.
· Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
· We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
· Moving costs will NOT be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
· Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
· This is an Information Security (INFOSEC) position. In accordance with DoD 8570.1-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selectee must meet Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selected must meet Information Assurance Certification standards. Selectee must have an approved waiver prior to placement in this position or achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of IA duties. Level 1 certification is required prior to be authorizing unsupervised privileged access.
· This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
· This position may be designated as Emergency Essential. Incumbent must sign a statement of understanding and an agreement to continue to perform the duties of this position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority. Incumbent's dependents shall be evacuated from the crisis zone with the same priority as other DoD-sponsored evacuees. You may be required, as a condition of employment, to take the series of anthrax vaccine immunizations to include annual boosters. This may also include other immunizations that may in the future be required for this position, or for a position you may fill as an emergency-essential alternate. Failure to take the immunizations may lead to your removal from this position or separation from Federal Service.
· For more information on veterans' preference click here.
· Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
· The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
· This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
· For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
· You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.