In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which provided familiarization of engineering instruments, testing procedures and techniques. Ability to read and understand specifications, instructions and procedures to use high school level mathematics.
Must have at least 30 months experience, education or training with knowledge of basic standard engineering principles, methods and practices. Experience reading and interpreting engineering and architectural plans and specifications. Experience planning, scheduling and supervising; exercising initiative and sound judgment. Experience using a variety of inspection techniques and practices to determine compliance with plans and specifications. Experience communicating both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
For experience in excess of 24 months, education in schools above the high school level may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of education for six months of experience. Each 30 semester hours credited must have included at least 6 semester hours of courses which are directly related to the type of work of the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Skill in setting performance criteria standards and evaluating the performance and progress of subordinates.
2. Ability to coordinate squadron activities with various commands and agencies to obtain a workload for work centers through schemes, maintenance, projects, community support or augmentation.
3. Ability to construct plans and schedules for the procurement of material and support equipment.
4. Ability to ensure all workloads are accomplished in a timely manner.
5. Ability to prepare specifications, site studies, drawings and designs of fixed communication and electronic systems and facilities.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Enlisted Members Only
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A
MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.