Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
Join the NIH for an exciting opportunity! We are looking for talented, hardworking interns to perform essential functions in our 27 Institutes and Centers.
The NIH Internship Program is for current students who are enrolled in high school, college, professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; or certificate program lasting at least one year. It is intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to students and individuals accepted for enrollment in a qualifying educational program.
- At least 16 years of age;
- U.S. Citizen, non-citizen, national or legal permanent resident;
- Must be a U.S. citizen prior to conversion to a competitive appointment;
- Must be enrolled half time in a high school, college, professional,
- technical, vocational, trade school; or certificate program; and
- Must be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above)