Job Title: Student Trainee (Clerk)Job Announcement Number: PATHMR-2013-0002
Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour
Monday, February 25, 2013 to
Monday, March 04, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Pathways Internship Program - NTE September 30, 2013
1 vacancy -
Minneapolis, MN, US View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Individuals who have been accepted for enrollment or are enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis.
Relocation expenses will not be paid. This is a temporary Pathways Internship Program appointment not-to-exceed September 30, 2013. The anticipated hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. This position is located in Animal and Plant Heath Inspection Service, Marketing and Regulatory Programs Business Services. Applicants must be available to work during scheduled breaks.
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent job in the civil service.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
APHIS is an emergency response agency. This means that all Agency employees may be asked or assigned to participate in rotating temporary duty assignments to support emergency programs at some time during their careers with APHIS. For details click: APHIS Emergency Response
DUTIES:Back to top
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Provide assistance to higher level administrative and professional staff by performing administrative work as assigned. Typical assignments include:
- Receive and file correspondence, records, reports, and other material.
- Use word processing equipment to produce various documents such as correspondence, reports, performance contracts, permits, manuals, etc.
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks such as validating and processing documents which pertain to the organization’s work, assembling information, preparing reports, gathering current data, etc.
- Schedule appointments and make meeting arrangements in accordance with instructions from the supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, you MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below and/or the SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE requirements.
GS-4: two years of education above high school
TRANSCRIPTS are required.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors. Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc., to prepare and type correspondence, reports, etc.
- Skill in utilizing word processing and accessing electronic databases for input and withdrawal of information.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to respond to inquiries and provide information.
- Ability to follow specific, detailed instructions when the material to be completed is in an unusual form.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed graduate education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following:Combining Education and Experience for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions
- Proof of student status must be submitted with the application. Applications will not be considered without this documentation.
- All applicants must be in good academic standing.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans' documents required to receive veterans' preference.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to entrance on duty.
- A Pathways Participant Agreement will be required if you are selected for a position. The agreement must be signed by all applicable parties prior to entrance on duty.
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
- Schedule will be determined when student is selected: Hours of work will be between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you. To preview questions please click here.