Job Title:Information Management Specialist, GS-301-13 CAH (Open to U.S. Citizens)
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Highway Administration
Job Announcement Number:FHWA.HEP-2013-0014
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, February 22, 2013 to
Monday, December 22, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement:
Real solutions to meet genuine challenges. Innovative ideas to take on growing realities. That's the Federal Highway Administration - Leaders in Paving the Way on the Road to Success.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE CLOSING DATE OR AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY WE RECEIVE THE 50TH APPLICATION, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
This position is located in the Office of Planning, Environment, and Realty (HEP) which serves as FHWA's advocate and national leader for environmental protection and enhancement, comprehensive intermodal and multi-modal transportation planning, and fair and prudent acquisition and management of real property. You will work directly with HEP managers to assess information management and process issues, and develop solutions that provide improvements in information management, web content management, and staff education and training in the use of information technology.
The ideal candidate is a mid-career professional with experience in information management and process issues; able to develop solutions that will provide improvements in information management, web content management, web content documentation and certification processes; able to educate and train staff in the use of information technology and possessing strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
- This vacancy is also being announced Merit Promotion: FHWA.HEP-2013-0011
DUTIES:Back to top
As an Information Management Specialist, you will:
- Coordinate with staff to provide interdisciplinary analysis and recommendations for information management required by overlapping program policies and activities.
- Have a working knowledge of web design and coding, Federal information technology laws, regulations and guidelines, Executive Orders, and other requirements and guidelines of the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of Transportation, FHWA, and HEP.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with coordination of activities among the various offices within HEP.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and maintain information systems for internal and external partners and customers with a particular focus on management of the office’s webpages in support of the office’s missions, goals, and program delivery initiatives.
- Work in coordination with the Web/IT Specialist to oversee and guide contractor staff in website design, development and coding; assist with coding of documents for posting on the HEP website, when needed.
- Work directly with HEP managers to assess information management and process issues, and develop solutions that provide improvements in information management, web content management, and staff education and training in the use of information technology.
- Evaluate and analyze the various aspects of information management programs and needs of internal and external customers. Recommend improvements or strategies for effective and/or efficient office operations for information management.
- Assist the Web/IT Specialist by reviewing the offices’ webpages for outdated, erroneous, or stale material.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience assessing management and process issues and developing solutions in efforts to implement improvements in information management processes, web applications and web operations.
- Experience with information technology equipment, web applications and operations, web terminology and standards, and Section 508 compliance standards.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENT: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- VETERANS: In order to be considered as a 5-point preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD-214 must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming 10-point preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your DD214; an Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference, SF15; and the proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference. Additional information on veterans' preference is available in the Vet's Guide at: http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.htm
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of
eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for
position and scoring at least an 85).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.