For the CG-13 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 12 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is applying project management principles and coordinating information technology projects including designing, testing, implementing and monitoring systems and applications
For the CG-14 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 13 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that required knowledge and understanding of internet and web management principles, practices, methods and techniques sufficient to provide guidance to others and interpret policies and procedures.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge and experience in project management theory, techniques and tools related to systems development including but not limited to requirements gathering, data management and conversion, test script development and acceptance testing implementation.
2. Ability to independently execute project assignments under the pressure of multiple deadlines, coordinating and overseeing staff from various disciplines in Headquarters and Regional/Field Offices to accomplish assigned tasks.
3. Ability to think creatively, for the purpose of recognizing new problems or techniques, devising new approaches and solutions, and using sound judgment in the absence of complete information.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, at all levels of the Corporation, other agencies, industry groups, supervised institutions and the public, for the purpose of gathering information, reporting findings, developing policies and procedures, making recommendations and gaining consensus among divergent opinions and objectives.
5. Knowledge and experience in applying system development life cycle policies and procedures to applications of significant complexity.
6. Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated success in working with diverse teams, at all levels of the Corporation, other agencies, industry groups, supervised institutions and the public.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs. To preview questions please click here.