Time-in-Grade Restriction - Applicants who are current Federal employees and/or have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks (1 year) must also meet time-in-grade requirements. The grade may have been in any occupation but must have been held in the Federal service. For the GS9 level, in the GS 301 Program Specialist field, one year time in grade as a GS-7 is requried.
At the GS9 level: 1 year experience equivalent to at least GS-7 performing tasks similiar to the the this position*.
Educational substitution for the 1 year experience at the GS7 level: A master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related*. Transcripts are required to document eduction.
*Combining experience and education to meet this requirement: Determine total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the GS9 level; then determining the educational substitute as a percentage of the education required for the GS9 (Masters Degree, etc.); and then add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify at the GS9 level. As an example: you have 6 months experience, which meets 50% of the experience requirement, and have completed half the requirements for a Masters degree, which would be 50% of education substitue, when you at the percentages together they will equal 100% and you would be eligable. Transcripts are required to document eduction.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: In addition to meeting minimum qualification requirements, as described in your resume, all applicants should show the level of accomplishment or degree to which they possess the KSAs by describing your experience, training, and education to include examples that clearly demonstrate them in your resume.
- Collect, Store, and Manipulate research databases
- Manage day to day administrative tasks (basic administration) of the research project
- Project POC for non-scientific support.
- Skill with automation systems to assist statistical analysis.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND ON YOUR RESUME, YOU MUST BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we can not allow credit for your responses.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: (Failure to comply may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or dismissal after appointment)
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States, and be at least 16 years of age as of the closing date.
- Applicants tentatively selected for certain designated positions may be subject to a random drug screening for illegal drug use. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment.
- New Appointees will be subject to a background investigation to determine suitability.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must certify at the time of appointment that they have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt for having to do so under Selective Service law. This will be verified with the Selective Service System.
- Applicants must not be listed on the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of Inspector General Sanctions database. This will be verified with DHHS.
- Applicants selected for positions through this announcement may be subject to a one year probationary period.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is predominently sedatary. Visitation to the housing facility for the test animals may be requried. Visitations to laboratory facilities may be required. This position is in direct support of a research project.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.