Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Bureau of Reclamation
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Sonora, CA, USView Map
All United States Citizens and Nationals.
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River, Shasta Dam on the Sacramento River, and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Join Reclamation during the Recreation Season. Reclamation is seeking entry level rangers to serve as a contact for a diverse group of visitors in a heavy summer recreation use area. This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Central California Area Office, Recreation Resources Division, New Melones Recreation Resources Branch in Sonora, CA. For more information on the Sonora area visit: http://www.sonoraca.com/visitsonora/index.htm. Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship Required. Required to wear Park Ranger uniform.
- Suitability for employment determined by a background investigation.
- Subject to working nights, weekends, holidays and irregular hours.
- A pre-employment physical and valid state driver's license is required.
- Ability to be certified in basic first aid, CPR, AED and First Responder.
- Ability to be certified in basic water rescue.