You must meet the United States Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) qualification requirements (including specialized experience and/or educational requirements) for the advertised position. You must meet all eligibility and qualifications requirements by the closing date of the job announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on the OPM Website.
Specialized experience: is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. Candidates for the GS-14 grade level must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
1. Experience with financial management data mappings
2. Creating policy handbooks on IT internal controls
3. Developing small applications
4. Making an accounting change that affects multiple business processes and systems, including technology components;
5. Working in an Agile methodology team.
Education cannot be substituted for specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your eligibility for consideration and qualifications for the position will be determined based upon a review of your detailed resume and your responses to job specific self-assessment questions. Your resume will be evaluated based on evidence of your ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) and competencies for this position, possession of any specialized experience, and how well your background and experience relates to the self-assessment questions in the job announcement. The self-assessment questions relate to the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies:
KSA 1 - Ability to apply the concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of project management.
KSA 2 - Ability to apply advanced project management and Information Technology principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices sufficient to lead financial management information systems development projects from design to support.
KSA 3 - Ability to review, analyze, and evaluate, automated and manual accounting and financial management information systems.
KSA 4 - Ability to communicate to establish a collaborative environment and communicate technical requirements to non-technical personnel and to prepare and present briefings to senior management officials on complex/controversial issues.
1. Attention to Detail - Meticulous; thoroughly reviews and proofreads various financial management systems related data/information; dedicates focus to accomplish tasks that are complete, precise, and accurate to a given technical situation.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive financial management systems services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government to assess IT needs, provide expert technical information or assistance, resolve complex or non-routine problems, or satisfy expectations; knowledge of available products and services; committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Communication - Expresses technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing presentations; listens to others, recognizes potential miscommunication, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems related to financial management systems using a variety of materials or sources; gathers and applies technical information to determine accuracy and relevance to moderately complex problems; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; makes decisions or recommendations that influence IT policies or programs and applies new developments to previously unresolved problems.
Your application will then be evaluated and rated under Category Rating and Selection procedures. Category rating procedures evaluate your total qualifying experience, education, and training and assigns them into a single, pre-defined quality category Qualified applicants are assigned to one of three categories following a review of their resume and other supporting documentation. Each category is defined as follows:
Best Qualified - Applicant possesses exceptional experience with a background that demonstrates a superior level of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required to perform the duties of the position.
Well Qualified - Applicant possesses good experience with a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required to perform the duties of the position.
Qualified - Applicant possesses the minimum qualifications with a background that demonstrates a basic level of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required to perform the duties of the position.
Veterans’ preference is applied by listing preference eligibles ahead of non-preference eligibles within the same quality category in which they are placed. Qualified preference eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent will be placed at the top of the highest quality category (‘Best Qualified’), except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category.
For more information on category rating procedures, please visit http://www.opm.gov/employ/category_rating/cr_factsheet.pdf
Please note that a complete application is required for consideration. (Please review the “Required Documents” section of this job announcement to see what must be included in a complete application). To preview questions please click here.