To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- A complete Occupational Questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire:View Occupational Questionnaire
- Additional Required Documents (if applicable)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) Friday, March 01, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is easier, faster, and provides more information as applications are processed.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, simply reapply through your account in USAJOBS. After applying, return to USAJOBS (https://my.usajobs.gov/Login.aspx) to see the status of your application, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply on-line:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
1. Complete this cover page http://Staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usacover.pdf using he following Vacancy ID836299
2. Fax your documents to (478) 757-3144
The following documents are required:
Responses to the questionnaire.
Copy of your transcript if you are using education to qualify
Any other documents required (if applicable).
ANNOUNCEMENTS CLOSE AT 12:00 A.M. (MIDNIGHT) EASTERN STANDARD TIME Friday, March 01, 2013
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
001 Logistics Management Specialist
062205085 Moffett Field, CA
1. Are you a current military member of the Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Regular Air Force?A. Yes
2. Do you currently possess the military grade of E-3 through E-7?A. Yes
3. Do you have experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field; Experience using computer and automation systems?A. Yes
4. Do you have 24 months of specialized experience, education, or training involving detailed knowledge of organizations and their functions in logistical support (i.e., supply, maintenance, quality assurance, facilities); Experience integrating actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to meet program goals; Experience interpreting and applying regulations, laws or practices; Experience planning and organizing work assignments?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Provides technical/administrative assistance to the program manager for the Integrated Deployment System (IDS); Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES), Contingency Operations/Mobility Planning and Executive System (COMPES), Logistics Module-Base Level (LOGMOD-B), Automated Air Load Planning System (AALPS), and Cargo Movement Operations System (CMOS) and ensures that all systems interface within IDS.
6. Formulates and consolidates logistical annexes for IDS guidance based on regulations, manuals, instructions, and directives issued by higher headquarters; During peacetime and at actual and training deployments, provides staff input and participation in the Deployment Control Center (DCC).
7. Determines the type and number of aircraft required for mission deployment/redeployment and validates load plans, priority shipments, and customs clearance requirements.
8. Reviews resource/logistics plans, programs, and deployment activities with the senior officer to ensure authorized mobility equipment is available or on order, and assures that the equipment is properly budgeted.
9. Formulates and prepares logistics annexes and consolidates inputs from all attached units in accordance with all-applicable regulations and directives.
10. Maintains and analyzes the correlation of data between the Unit Type Code (UTC) Management Information System (UMIS), Designed Operational Capacity (DOC) statements, and allapplicable plans for all wing and supported units for readiness reporting and tasking.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, transcripts or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
For this job announcement the following documents are required:
Transcripts (if applicable)
. Any other documents that are required (if applicable)
AIR FORCE: Copy of Records Review Report on Individual Person (RIP) within last 30 days;
For applicants submitting a RIP Please only include the pages that specify your current Rank/AFSC
ARMY: Copy of Personnel Qualification Record within last 30 days
The following documents are NOT acceptable as attachments to applications: Photographs, copies of position descriptions, training certificates, performance ratings (civilian or military), award certificates or letters of appreciation.
Back to top
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgment email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application is process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The categories are defined as follows:
· Best Qualified Demonstrates better overall or key knowledge, skills or abilities for a specific position.
· Well Qualified Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position, but do not necessarily meet the definition of best qualified.
· Qualified Meets the minimum qualifications standards, including any selective placement factors, for a specific position.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We may not make assumptions regarding your experience. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).