SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR Executive Staff Officer, GG-0301-13
Applicant must have at least one (1) or more years of specialized experience which is equivalent to at least the GG-12 or qualifying pay band or other pay systems. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and ability to perform successfully the duties of the position. This experience may have been gained while interpreting and applying various programs such as programs, resource and contract management; information operations and the planning, programming and execution of resources.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, theories, principles, practices, and the interrelationship of the following functions: financial, communications, history, public affairs, logistics, safety, manpower, civilian personnel and training, security, plans and programs, operations, and strategy analysis.
2. Knowledge of advanced management and organizational principles and practices to develop and implement integrated approaches and solutions to mission support problems, policies, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of AF ISR Agency goals and objectives, organizations, programs, missions, and functions to perform comprehensive analysis and studies in assigned functional areas.
4. Skill in planning, organizing, and participating in an team study work environment and to negotiate effectively for acceptance and implementation of recommendations involving resources and/or requiring changes in established procedures.
5. Ability to analyze, plan, organize and direct functions and mentor, motivate, staff and adjust work operations to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to achieve stated positions or to make an adequate case for a particular strategy which may or may not be readily accepted, but is the best solution to achieve the intended goal.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
· Polygraph: Incumbent is required to undergo a counter intelligence-scope polygraph examination.
· Drug Testing: This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
· The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
· Position requires periodic temporary duty travel away from the normal duty station utilizing any or all modes of transportation, both commercial and military.
· May be required to work overtime.
· The employee must appropriately handle and safeguard sensitive classified information and material to mitigate potential compromise.
· This is a key position. Incumbents must be removed from any military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.