Job Title:Staff Accountant
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BPD)
Job Announcement Number:13-BPD-153AS
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$81,823.00 to $106,369.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 19, 2013 to Tuesday, March 05, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Career/Career Conditional - Full-time|
|3 vacancies in the following location:|
Parkersburg, WV, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
U.S. citizens who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The incumbent serves as a Staff Accountant in the Office of Administrative Services' Accounting Services Division (ASD), with responsibility for providing analysis and advice regarding the accounting programs, financial systems, and/or public and private sector businesses. The incumbent will advise on, administer, and/or perform professional accounting work that requires application of accounting theories, concepts, principles, and standards to the financial activities of governmental, quasi-governmental, or private sector organizations. The incumbent may also provide advice on the effects of newly promulgated laws or the requirements or statements of central oversight agencies such as the Treasury Department, OMB, or the GAO.
* We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement; OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.