You may qualify based on experience.
GS-13: One year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level such as independently promoting and marketing small businesses and future small businesses, to include coordinating marketing programs; researching and analyzing local and regional demographics and developing and using various communication techniques, publications multi-media, and special events to promote organizational products and/or services.
Education may not be subsituted for experience for this position.
Occasional travel is required; occasional evening and weekend travel may be required.
Selective Placement Factors: This position requires a special qualification that has been determined to be essential to perform the duties and will be used as a screen out element. Those who do not provide evidence they possess the following selective factor(s) will be rated not qualified.
This position requires the ability to communicate orally and written in English and Spanish.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
TIME-IN-GRADE: If you are a current career or career conditional federal employee applying for promotion under Merit Promotion you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in positions not more than one grade level lower than the position being filled.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will be further evaluated on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) required to do the work of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to implement marketing, media and outreach techniques with public/private sector resources for all small businesses.
2. Knowledge of small business/economic development principles.
3. Skill in the application of interpersonal business relations, especially liaison and advocacy relations with external organizations.
4. Ability to independently manage and track activities.
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions). If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicants responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicants responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicants responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-Competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the Supplemental Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link View Assessment Questions. You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the questionnaire.