Qualification for the GS 11: Applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level of Federal service performing the following duties for an Agency or Program Segment or organization: conducting management or program studies as part of a team or independently for determining compliance to established policies or current management practice; (2) implementing, and reporting on strategic plans; (3) implementing and reporting on performance measures used in budgets and performance plans, and (4) preparing or assisting senior personnel on preparation of annual reports and related correspondence.
A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. (degree must be related to the duties in the position and transcript is required).
A combination of post baccalaureate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position. (degree must be related to the duties in the position and a transcript is required).
Qualification for the GS 12: I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level of Federal service performing the following duties related to the position of Management Analyst for an Agency or Program Segment or organization: conducting management or program studies either as part of a team or independently for determining compliance to established policies or current management practice; (2) developing, implementing, and reporting on strategic plans; (3) developing, implementing and reporting on performance measures used in budgets and performance plans, and (4) developing and preparing annual reports and related correspondence.
There is no substitution of education for experience at the GS 12.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No5. Bargaining Unit Position: No
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
8. Research position: No
9. Supervisory position: No
10. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of program planning and analysis, and management theory and practices in order to assist in a variety of strategic planning and performance management activities.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports in order to provide management with actionable data.
- Ability to communicate in writing in order to draft a variety of documents such as correspondence, organizational assessments and analytical studies.
- Ability to communicate orally in order to update management officials on performance targets and on status of various assignments.