Job Title:Medicare Contractor Operations Specialist
Agency:Railroad Retirement Board
Job Announcement Number:13-DEU-04 843561MB
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, February 15, 2013 to
Thursday, February 21, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Augusta, GA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Come aboard the Railroad Retirement Board and join us in using creativity, automation and innovation to carry out our mission to administer insurance benefit programs under the Railroad Retirement Act and the Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act. You can be a part of the team that delivers best in class service to railroad workers and their families!
As a Medicare Contractor Operations Specialist with the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), you will work closely with the Senior Medicare Contract Operations Specialist (Senior Specialist) who is the Contracting Officers Representative (COR), on all Medicare related issues and studies.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
This job announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Be sure to read the 'How to Apply' section and submit required documents
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Medicare Contractor Operations Specialist with the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board (RRB), you will:
- Assist the Senior Specialist in the conduct of studies and reviews of the contractor designated to process Part B Medicare claims for the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB)to assure compliance with the contract and applicable laws and regulations.
- Assess contractor performance and operations in order to make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of operations, or otherwise assist the Senior Specialist in performance of contractor monitoring.
- Make recommendations involving renewal or termination of the contract, provide technical assistance to the contractor, and review and comment on the contractors budget.
- Represent the RRB in contacts with outside organizations and groups interested in the program.
- Periodically travel to represent the agency at conferences and meetings. Travel may also include visits to headquarters to perform certain work assignments on-site.
- Serve as the backup to the COR when that person is unavailable.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience conducting analyses, reviews, and evaluation of Medicare contractor operations, processes and procedures as they relate to Part B Medicare Claims operations.
This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Category rating procedures will be used to rank eligible candidates. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire, and is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Thus, your application should contain information about specific work performed that relates to this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Qualified candidates will be assigned to the following categories: Best Qualified, Qualified, and Minimally Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Applicants will be rated on the following competencies:
- Knowledge of agency and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines
- Knowledge of laws, policies, regulations, precedents, and existing and pending legislation that impact the Medicare program
- Knowledge or experience in monitoring, reviewing, auditing contracts or contractor activities
- Ability to gather information, compile and analyze data, and to make recommendations from findings
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with individuals and groups inside and outside of the agency and to serve as a spokesperson for ones organization
- Ability to express facts and ideas both orally and in writing in a concise and organized manner