Job Title:Custodial Worker
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Bureau of Land Management
Job Announcement Number:BLMAK-13-842438-JE
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Tuesday, February 19, 2013 to
Monday, March 04, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Temporary NTE 1039 Hours|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Galena, AK United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The BLM manages more land 253 million acres than any other Federal agency. This land, known as the National System of Public Lands, is primarily located in 12 Western states, including Alaska. The Bureau, with a budget of about $1 billion, also administers 700 million acres of sub-surface mineral estates throughout the nation. The BLM's multiple-use mission is to sustain the health and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
As a Custodial Worker you will be assisting in the upkeep, maintenance, repair, and grounds keeping duties in and around the Galena Fire Management Zone buildings for the Alaska Fire Service.
For additional information about the BLM please visit BLM.
This position is located in Galena, Alaska. Information about locations within Alaska can be found at: Alaska.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required
- Security Clearance/Background Investigation is required.
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" & "Required Documents" Sections
- You cannot hold an active real estate license; nor can you
- have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land.
- Direct Deposit Required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Custodial Worker, you will:
For more information on the duties of this position contact the supervisor, Tom St Clair at (907) 356-5626
- Perform daily tasks to maintain, repair, clean and upkeep the BLM facilities.
- Clean floors by vacuuming, sweeping, wet/dry carpet cleaning, mopping and waxing.
- Clean and disinfect urinals, toilets, sinks, showers, tubs, water fouintains, mirrors and plumbing fixtures.
- Apply paint; perform minor plumbing; move furniture, equipment, and materials; and dust and polish furniture.
- Maintain landscaping around buildings to include lawns, sidewalks, and flower beds.
- May be required to operate a government vehicle.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
This position is restricted to preference eligibles (veterans) when they are available. If there are no available preference eligibles, then a nonpreference eligible may be selected.
Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualifications System for Trades and Labor Occupations will be used in determining applicants' qualifications. There is no specific length of training or experience required; however, you must be able to demonstrate through experience shown in your written resume that you have the ability to independently do the work of the position, as defined below, without more than normal supervision. You must be rated at least at the acceptable level in these elements to receive further consideration. Qualifications: Have performed basic custodial duties to include cleaning floors, washing walls and windows, dusting and moving furniture, and cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms; operating passenger vehicles; and performing grounds maintenance to include mowing lawns and weeding.
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
- Work Practices
- Ability to Interpret Instructions
- Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Dexterity and Safety
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Upon receipt of your complete application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your rating will be based on your responses to the Job Specific Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. If qualified, your score may range from 70-100 points. Answers submitted in the questionnaire must be supported on your resume. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. In addition, interviews may be conducted for this position. The interviews may be conducted on a pass/fail basis or may be scored.