The following qualifications are required:
1. Your resume must demonstrate that you possess:
· A minimum of three years post J.D/LL.B. legal experience in one or more of the following areas: corporate or commercial law; international transactions; project finance; administrative law; and government contracts or grants.
· Skill in research and analysis of complex legal issues.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in drafting memoranda of law, regulatory documents, or corporate legal documents.
· Possession and application of strong negotiating, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
· Experience addressing legal and factual issues for which there are limited precedents and require balancing of conflicting or competing interests.
· Experience performing routine legal assignments independently.
· Experience independently managing caseloads and completing activities within established schedules.
2. You must be an active member in good standing of the Bar of a state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
3. You must be a U.S. citizen in order to qualify for this position.
These qualification requirements are condensed from the OPM Operating Manual "Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions" which is available at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The information contained in your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine the degree to which you meet the following competencies (previously referred to as, knowledge, skills, and abilities) required of this position:
Legal, Government, & Jurisprudence - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, legal practices and documents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, government organization and functions, and the democratic political process.
Contracting/Procurement - Knowledge of various types of contracts, techniques for contracting or procurement, and contract negotiation and administration.
Influencing/Negotiating - Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
Reasoning Identifies rules, principles, or relationships that explain facts, data, or other information; analyzes information and makes correct inferences or draws accurate conclusions.
Attention to Detail Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Interpersonal Skill Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others; may include effectively dealing with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations; is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, disabilities, and other individual differences.
Oral Communication Expresses information (e.g., ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (e.g., technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others; attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Written Communication - facts and ideas in writing in a succinct and organized manner.
Please ensure you answer all questions accurately. Your responses are subject to verification. In support of your responses provided in the Assessment Questionnaire, your resume should include verbiage that describes your experience relative to the position for which you are applying and provide examples that show the depth of knowledge, level of skill, or degree of ability you possess. If your application does not support your responses to the questionnaire or your application is not complete, it may affect your evaluation or result in your name being removed from further consideration.
To preview the assessment questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions