In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
For the GS-14 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes managing/directing the design, construction or operation of multi-family housing projects; integrating requirements and participation for comprehensive asset development and management plans; leading or managing a team of employees and monitoring their progress towards achieving project goals and objectives; advising on policies and regulations relating to multi-family mortgage finance programs; resolving complex issues within a program not covered by existing policies or procedures; and writing policies and/or procedures for a housing/mortgage project or program.
Notes: The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Knowledge of a wide range of policies and procedures for the origination and servicing of FHA Multifamily Mortgage Insurance programs, the Section 202 and 811 Capitol Advance programs, and the Section 8 Project Based programs.
- Ability to direct and supervise a staff having diversified professional and technical responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively supervise a project management program by establishing objectives and performance goals, monitoring progress toward their achievement, and setting new priorities based on changing requirements.
- Ability to deal with HUD program officials, customers, residents, sponsors, clients, Federal, state and local government officials, citizen groups, and the general public on a variety of complex programmatic and technical matters.
We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category Rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of the following three categories, depending on your experience and education related to this position:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Better Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified (Good): Applicants possessing the basic qualifications with general knowledge, skills and abilities.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned to the Better Qualified category or higher to be determined as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.