Job Title:IT Specialist (Application Software)
Job Announcement Number:13A-JP-298478-DEU-OCIO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 13, 2013 to
Tuesday, February 26, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Permanent -
|FEW vacancies -
Herndon, VA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #13A-JP-298478-MPA-OCIO
This position is located in the Facilities Management Systems Division of the Office of System Modernization, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The employee serves as an IT project manager with a wide range of responsibility for IT project management and IT technical subject matter expertise. Following industry IT standards and methodologies, the employee manages the full life cycle of system design and development, including requirements, analysis, design, acquisition, development, test, implementation, maintenance, and project management activities such as developing and monitoring project plans, schedules, costs, and risk analysis.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Experience: One year of full-time experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 level that is close or similar to the work of this job. The experience includes managing projects for a large enterprise-wide implementation of the IBM Tririga Facilities Management software suite in addition to detailed technical knowledge of the design, functionality, and workflows for the property (space management and utilization, CAD integration, leasing, geo-spatial), project management, asset management/ planned maintenance, and the facilities work management modules.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be used to evaluate your experience, education, and/or training that address the competencies below:
- Knowledge of all aspects of computer technologies and software development techniques including an in depth understanding of software development concepts, technologies and practices, to include requirements management, software quality assurance, software configuration management, and peer review methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of Automated Information Systems and Facilities Management Systems including Structured Query Language (SQL), Oracle 11 database, IBM Tririga 9 or higher, IBM Tririga technical tools such as Business Connect, Application Designer, Application Engine, Crystal Reporting, BIRT Reporting, and IBM Tririga Security Tools to ensure the system and their associated interfaces support agency requirements and management reporting needs.
- Knowledge of a broad range of management principles, methods and techniques including project management, planning, reviews, and work breakdown structures to plan, budget, execute, and control of software development projects.
- Knowledge of common facilities standards and guidelines such as GSA Facilities Standards, American Institute of Architects (AIA) standards, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) standards, International Facility Managers Association (IFMA) standards, and the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) standards as well as Federal Reporting requirements.
Applicants who meet or exceed minimum qualifications will be assigned to one of three category groups based on job-related criteria: Best Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies above. Better Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies above. Good Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies above to a substantive degree. This category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three", but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position.
Important Note: The review of your resume will determine your final rating and should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.