Job Title:Director, Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:Defense Security Cooperation Agency
Job Announcement Number:NDU-013-034-841820
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, February 15, 2013 to
Monday, April 15, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Term NTE 3 years|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort McNair, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The Defense Security Cooperation Agency's (DSCA) mission is to lead, direct, and manage security cooperation programs to support United States national security objectives that strengthen America's alliances and partnerships through: transfer of defense capabilities; international military education; and through humanitarian assistance and Mine Action.
The Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies (NESA), an element of the Defense Cooperation Security Agency (DSCA), is responsible for developing civilian and military specialists in defense and security matters by providing graduate level programs in defense/security planning and management, executive leadership, civilian-military relations and interagency operations. The Center conducts programs in the United States and in the NESA region and academic research as well as maintains contact with graduates and provides curriculum-related assistance and continuing education through the Internet and other informational and educational tools. Further information on the NESA Center can be found at their website (www.nesa-center.org).
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
DUTIES:Back to top
As the NESA Director:
- You will lead and manage center to create collaborative communities of interest among civilian and military officials from the states of the region to enhance regional security, and work to strengthen sustainable institutional capacity at the national and transnational levels to enhance international security.
- Work to establish a shared vision that promotes the NESA mission and implements a clear and concise strategic plan to advance that vision.
- Lead efforts to share views and promote critical thinking on common security challenges affecting the Near East and South Asis region including the fundamental causes of these challenges and the most effective means to counter.
- Provide innovative leadership to the center and work effectively with a multi disciplinary faculty and staff, a diverse participant body.
The Director preforms duties under the policy guidance, direction and oversight of the Under Security of Defense for Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must have a Master's degree or equivalent specialized experience in a discipline relevant to international security and a successful record of leadership, achievement, and success in organizational supervision and management in the federal government or in a national security-related industry.
Candidates who meet the basic requirements above will be further evaluated on the level and quality of their experience relating to the following factors:
- National strategic policy and regional area expertise
- Ability to lead change
- Ability to build partnerships and organizational liaisons
- Ability to produce organizational results
- Communication with senior leaders
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be evaluated by information provided in the Assessment Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.