Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-IESG-13-12, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Graphics & Electronic Information Tech. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy ensuring the safe and efficient operation of Government facilities? Responsibilities include maintaining and providing Region-wide graphics, printing, and interactive data interface design services for the Engineering Support Team and assisting with the production of and providing for the security of all microfilmed engineering maps and drawings, including data and reference files within the Bureau of Reclamation, Great Plains Regional Office.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- Recommends designs for labels to be printed directly onto CD or DVD to include pertinent information, be artistically and aesthetically pleasing, and conform to the Visual Identity Program.
- Recommends design and layout of aesthetically pleasing report covers, flyers, posters, brochures, etc., conforming to the Bureau of Reclamation's Visual Identity Program, using text supplied by others. Uses specialized software designed to run media imaging devices.
- Scans documents using a variety of sophisticated hardware and software to create digital records of the files.
- Utilizes a wide variety of sophisticated hardware and software to produce high quality digital files and prints of original drawings. Uses the tools available in Adobe PhotoShop, AutoCAD, RasterDesign and other graphics software to enhance, clean and restore images.
- Data entry to support and maintain tracking systems of all drawings. Furnishes requested microfilm, aperture cards, and prints for personnel in the Region.
- Controls the digital conversion operations, requiring use and care of microfilm reader/printer, scanner, plotter, and use and training on the engineering drawing reproduction equipment.