In order to be qualified at the GS-06 level, you must possess one of the following:
A. I posess one year of specialized work experience at the GS-05 or equivalent level that demonstrates my ability to perform the duties of a Physical Science Technician which is directly related to the work as described in the vacancy announcement, OR
B. Have successfully completed six months of graduate education directly related to the work of a Physical Science Technician (e.g. physical science, engineering, or any branch of mathematics, except financial and commercial mathematics) OR
C. I possess a combination of education and experience described above.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Foreign Education: For education completed in foreign colleges or universities to be used to meet qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
1. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
2. Applicants must possess a valid state driver's license. This position requires that you operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. A valid State driver's license is required. As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit a completed GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. If you are tentatively selected for employment in this position, you will be required to complete GSA Form 3607 and submit the above State issued documents. Your employment, after your tentative selection, will be contingent upon receipt of these documents in a timely manner and that those documents establish, to the satisfaction of the selecting official, that you possess a valid driver's license.
3. You must be a US citizen.
4. Upon consideration of all qualified applicants, a tentative selection will be made pending the favorable completion of a pre-employment background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The eligible or ineligible rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The rating is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
1. Knowledge of collecting, analyzing, and compiling chemical, hydrological, and biological data as part of a multidisciplinary water quality program.
2. Skill in monitoring and analyzing a variety of air quality constituents including gaseous pollutants, fine particulates, and atmospheric deposition.
3. Ability to conduct assignments safely in field and office settings.
4. Ability to participate as a member of natural resource program, and provide effective oral and written communication in a polite and pleasant manner with employees, supervisors, program partners and the public.
CATEGORY RATING PROCEDURES WILL BE USED TO RATE AND RANK CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans
Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position.
Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
Veteran's Preference applies to category rating. Within each quality category, veteran's preference eligibles are listed first, including CP, CPS, XP, and TP. In addition, veterans who have a 10% or more service-connected compensable disability (CP or CPS) are placed at the top of the highest quality category.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a legible copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTATION WILL ELIMINATE YOUR CLAIM FOR PREFERENCE ELIGIBILITY FOR THIS POSITION.