Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the qualifications questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
8413041. Title of Job
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT)2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Army National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Air National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Air National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grades for this position are:
1111. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Information Technology Specialist (CUSTSPT)21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
294039189 Jefferson Barracks, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Do you possess experience that provided you basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enable you to understand the stages required to automate a work process; experience in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems?
2. Do you possess 36 months specialized computer experience in troubleshooting, recovering, adjusting, modifying, and improving systems to solve complex problems and provide support that minimizes interruptions in service to customers; and knowledge of systems development, modification, testing, installation, operations, and maintenance methods as well as the organization¿s network and communications architecture and protocols to provide support related to testing, evaluating, installing, configuring and modifying hardware and software for operating systems? The specialized experience must demonstrate your ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot LAN and WAN components such as routers, hubs, switches, and servers.
3. IF YOU ANSWERED NO TO QUESTION 2, do you possess a combination of undergraduate level education in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours in fields such as computer science, data processing, or information processing science AND 24 months of specialized experience such as that described above in Question 2?
4. Do you possess 24 months specialized computer experience in analyzing problems, gathering information, and recognizing solutions; experience in planning logical work sequences for computers; experience in analyzing and organizing work processes into plans for computer solutions; and experience in a computer related field performing such tasks as translating logical steps into language codes, computer console operations, and scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed? The specialized experience must demonstrate your ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot LAN and WAN components such as routers, hubs, switches, and servers.
5. IF YOU ANSWERED NO TO QUESTION 4, do you possess a combination of undergraduate level education in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours in fields such as computer science, data processing, or information processing science AND 12 months of specialized experience such as that described above in Question 4?
6. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
7. Managed the assigned information technology (IT)/communications environment with privileged access at the network level.
8. Planned, coordinated, installed, and continuously analyzed system design, hardware and software.
9. Developed, recommended, and installed solutions and upgraded to ensure availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of all components of the assigned system.
10. Provided Information Assurance - Technical (IAT) II information systems support for all disciplines, ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network services.
11. Performed system audits to assess security parameters and performance of IA controls within the network environment.
12. Served as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/communications system environment.
13. Optimized the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems and ensured availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of system resources.
14. Analyzed installation of any new hardware or software introduced into the environment to ensure its compatibility with existing architecture, its reliability, and functionality in relation to the organization¿s business requirements.
15. Ran tests to verify operability and functionality; analyzed hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems; and recommended acquisition of programs or equipment which will resolve operational problems.
16. Provided on-going optimization and problem solving support; continually surveyed system operation to identify potential systems problems which could lead to loss or serious interruption of service.
17. Initiated corrective or preventative measures to rectify immediate problems and prevent future occurrences.
18. Troubleshot and diagnosed system failures to isolate source of problems.
19. Performed testing, troubleshot, and corrected problems relative to interface and interoperability of system components such as hardware, systems software, and applications programs.
20. Provided proactive consultation and instruction with system users to ensure seamless implementation of changes.
21. Assessed the security of installed systems.
22. Provided customer technical assistance and support for all users.
23. Provided ongoing technical support to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs and to preclude undue interruptions to IT and communications services.
24. Worked with customers to ensure efficient operations which support each unit¿s requirements.
25. Assisted in solving problems associated with delivery of hardware and software orders.
26. Provided management with information necessary to address difficult and complex problems in automating work processes.
27. Tracked life of system equipment, prepared and provided analyses to determine future maintenance and replacement costs to help justify budget submissions.
28. Reviewed purchase requests and statements of work, ensuring documentation was sufficient to justify enhancements necessary to keep systems current and ensuring requested equipment and applications were compatible with existing infrastructure.
29. Promoted use of assigned systems by providing instructions to functional area users on IT/communications processes and procedures associated with each supported system.
30. Worked with customers to resolve integration or configuration related issues associated with a variety of different system platforms, operating systems, applications, and equipment configurations.
31. Determined customer requirements and assisted customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
32. Identified and documented system requirements for specific needs of customers.
33. Conducted in-depth analyses of system usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors.
34. Recommended methods and procedures and coordinated corrective action to optimize utilization of present equipment.
35. Ensured upgrades to the base IT and communications infrastructure were identified and assisted customers in developing and submitting recommendations for additional equipment and funds.
36. Cooperated and worked with squadron personnel in planning and developing new or additional infrastructure/architecture capabilities.
37. Identified potential performance or capacity problems.
38. Worked with technical support personnel in resolving problems.
39. Managed system user accounts, reset system passwords, and resolved firewall issues.
40. Responded to trouble reports by analyzing problems, providing solutions, and recommending actions necessary to avoid future difficulties such as enhancing, replacing, or modifying existing programs, applications, and equipment.
41. Maintained records of analyses, tests, and the techniques and procedures applied in problem resolution to establish a record of activities for future use.
42. Coordinated efforts between system customers, system support personnel, and commercial vendors to identify and resolve hardware, software, and other system anomalies.
43. Recorded problem reports as they occur and analyzed data to determine trends in use or performance that could lead to future problems.
44. Provided orientation in the use of new or changed technology.
45. Provided formal or informal training to ensure users understand the interrelationships of the system and were able to operate the system without undue difficulty.
46. Conducted feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzed data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software.
47. Based upon the results of studies and the analyses of trends in usage and system problems, determined the feasibility of significant modifications vs. replacement to improve reliability.
48. Participated with operating officials, system users, and others in progress review of established systems to determine the reliability, productivity, and user friendliness of the existing system hardware and software.
49. Used benchmarks, performance measurement, and evaluation data in conjunction with modeling and simulation techniques in planning for increased capacity and to support additional workloads.
50. Coordinated frequency needs with command level spectrum management office to maintain current allocations and obtain new authorizations.
51. Secured operating authority, and ensured minimal interference by radio frequency (RF) operations.
52. Installed, maintained, and repaired hardware devices supporting a broad range of information and communications systems.
53. Designed, developed and conducted technical and operational tests and evaluations of a wide range of communications equipment and systems using performance management and measurement methods.
54. Coordinated and prepared items for contract or warranty repair or replacement as required.
55. Received, inspected, installed, and verified the proper operation of equipment returned.