Job Title: Supervisory Policy Planning and Analysis Officer, ZA-0301-5 (MAP)Job Announcement Number: SO-PCO-2013-0002
Department: Department Of Commerce
Agency: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 to
Monday, February 25, 2013
Competitive: Career/Career-Conditional -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Silver Spring, MD, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
* Current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service; * Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; * CTAP/ICTAP eligibles; * Applicants eligible under special hiring authorities; * Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the US Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service, may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
Unlock secrets in deep oceans, track rapidly moving storms, operate state-of-the-art environmental satellites, chart the Nation's waterways, formulate models to forecast climate trends, protect and preserve our living marine resources...it's all in a day's work at the NOAA! Join a dedicated workforce committed to a vital mission: safeguarding the public, protecting natural resources, strengthening the economy. A career that makes a world of difference!
This position is located in the Office of Program Planning and Integration located in Silver Spring, MD. This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-5 is equivalent to GS-15.
The Office of Program Planning and Integration (PPI) fosters integration and strategic management among NOAA Line Offices, Staff Offices, and Councils. PPI ensures that agency investments and actions are guided by the NOAA strategic plan, are based on sound social and economic analysis; adhere to executive and legislativescience, technology and environmental policy; respond to regionally-specific stakeholder needs; and integrate the full breadth of NOAA's resources, knowledge and talent to meet its stated mission goal.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
Payment of relocation expenses is NOT authorized.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time in Grade requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
DUTIES:Back to top
The individual selected for this position:
- Serves as the Chief of Staff for Program, Planning and Integration;
- Oversees performance management, contract management, workforce and budget planning and business operations;
- Provides supervision and leadership to staff, motivating their efficiency and teamwork;
- Updates and maintains the Program Planning and Integration Continuity of Operations Plan and ensure personnel and office safety, serving as the PPI senior consultant on COOP for the PPI Office;
- Manages National Environmental Policy Act program, establishing corporate policies, procedures and training that adhere to the Council on Environmental Quality NEPA guidance;
- Represents PPI on cross line office committees and councils in support of corporate planning or operations.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: Qualifications
There is no positive education requirement for this position.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
For the ZA-5 level: Specialized experience at this level includes:
Experience related to developing and overseeing budget planning and execution. Experience overseeing contract management, performance management, workforce planning and develop training plan to aid in career development planning opportunities.
NOTE: Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements (including Time-In-Grade) by the closing date of this announcement.
For more information about the qualification requirements for this position click here.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions). However, your resume or optional cover letter must support your responses to the self-assessment questions, or your score may be lowered. The best-qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
To preview questions please click here.
- Skill in supervising, motivating, developing and delegating to personnel.
- Skill in planning and organizing work
- Ability to manage performance
- Skill in planning and executing budget
- Knowledge of strategic planing techniques and processes
- Skill in communicating with a wide variety of audiences