Job Title:ePlanning User Representative, GS-0301-12
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Bureau of Land Management
Job Announcement Number:NOC-DEU-2013-0012
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, February 11, 2013 to
Thursday, April 25, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Work Schedule is Full Time. -
This is a permanent position.|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Denver, CO, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All U.S. Citizens – No previous Federal Service is required.
BLM is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to serve as a user representative for the e-Planning software application. This position is located within the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), National Operations Center (NOC), Division of Resource Services (DRS), Branch of Program Operations, Applications and User Support Section (e-Planning). The DRS provides national level technical and operations support for the BLM's resource programs. The incumbent serves as the user representative for the e-Planning software application and to assist the Section Chief with e-Planning application support.
The BLM manages more land – approximately 253 million acres - than any other Federal agency. This land, known as the National System of Public Lands, is primarily located in 12 Western states, including Alaska. The Bureau, with a budget of about $1 billion, also administers 700 million acres of sub-surface mineral estates throughout the nation. The BLM's multiple-use mission is to sustain the health and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations. Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource. For additional information about the BLM, please visit our website.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado. Information about Denver and the Denver area can be found here.
This announcement has also been posted as NOC Merit-2013-0026 and open to all current or former federal employees with competitive/reinstatement eligibiity and Veteran Employement Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles; ICTAP/CTAP eligibles within the local commuting area.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" and "Required Documents" Sections
- You cannot hold an active real estate license; nor can you
- have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land
- Direct Deposit Required
- Security Clearance/Background Investigation is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
The incumbent of this position will:
- Provide technical and analytical evaluation of the ePlanning IT system in direct support of the Remedy ticket system, system enhancements, and user support;
- Facilitate the use of ePlanning through coordination, training, and technical support to the district/field/state and headquarters subject matter experts and management;
- Assist with development of training materials and user guides;
- Support National/State/Field ePlanning NEPA and Planning projects using understanding of land use planning, NEPA, and natural resources;
- Provide external communication methods about ePlanning system changes/enhancements and develop presentation or demonstrations.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Specialized Experience Requirements: In order to be rated as qualified for this position, we must be able to determine that you meet the specialized experience requirement. Please be sure to include this information in your resume. To be creditable, this experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade (GS-11) of the position to be filled. Examples: Knowledge and use of multiple software applications; Customer Service: Identifies a client or customer need and provides a quality product or service. Oral Communication: Expresses information via oral presentation; AND Training Course Development and Presentation: Synthesizing and abstracting complex matters into clear and concise streams of information in order to present understandable training material, online training modules, and public presentations.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Per OPM Qualification Standards, to qualify for this position you must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level. There is no way to qualify based on education, nor is there an educational requirement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Upon receipt of your complete application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your rating will be based on your responses to the Job Specific Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. If you meet the qualification requirements, you application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. In addition, interviews may be conducted for this position. The interviews may be conducted on a pass/fail basis or may be scored. The job specific questions relate to the following knowledge, skills and abilities required to do the work of this position:
To preview questions please click here.
- Skill in use of computer applications/programs.
- Skill in communication, user support, and customer service.
- Ability to present, cooordinate, and conduct training sessions, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Ability to present training materials and software/technical user guides.
- Knowledge of land use planning and/or NEPA in a natural resources setting.