Job Title:Student Trainee (Office Automation Clerk), GS-0399-03
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Office of the Secretary of the Interior
Job Announcement Number:OS-GH-13-MM840542(PW)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$13.04 to $16.96 / Per Hour|
|Tuesday, February 19, 2013 to Thursday, February 21, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules - Multiple Appointment Types|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S.Citizen; No Prior Federal Experience Required|
Are you looking for a unique internship opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the public sector? The Department of the Interior is devoted to protecting and preserving the natural resources of this great nation, including National Parks, landmarks, and the well-being of communities, including those of Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and affliated Islanders.
The Department of the Interior is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to work in the Office of the Secretary Intern Program. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the Department's senior policy advisors to the Secretary of the Interior.
This position is being filled at the GS-03
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
GS-03 $13.04 to $16.96 per hour
This opportunity is open to current degree or certificate seeking students at a qualifying educational institution OR have been admitted/accepted for enrollment at a qualifying education institution. You will be required to provide documentation to support your eligibility. See the "How to Apply" section for details.
NOTE: You must maintain student eligibility and enrollment for the duration of the internship. If you cannot, you are ineligible for this program. Please review the "REQUIREMENTS" section of this vacancy announcement to ensure that you qualify for this internship.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Program. The Intership Program provides students enrolled in qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while concurrently being enrolled. Veteran's Preference is applicable under the Pathways Program.
- The United States Department of the Interior will announce Pathways Internship opportunities multiple times per year, with regard to demand.
- To be considered for other Internship opportunities at the U.S. Department of the Interior, applicants must apply each time a new announcement is posted.
- The Work Schedule of the appointee will be based on availability, which in part will be influenced by the appointees' academic course load.
- Appointment types may vary from indefinite to temporary (generally,temporary appointments do not exceed one year, however the agency does reserve the right to extend the temporary appointment beyond the not to exceed date of the initial appointment).
- Interns will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Internship Program during employment with the U.S. Department of the Interior. Additionally, in order to remain apart of the Internship Program Appointees must:
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (G.P.A) of at least a 2.0, whereby, the accredited educational institution must recognize the Appointee is in "Good Academic Status", and
- The Appointee must be enrolled at least on a half-time or full-time basis throughout their appointment.
- The Internship Program allows for the agency to non-competitvely convert appointees' to a career conditional or term position once the student completes all requirements of the Internship Program (Please Note: This is at the discretion of the agency)
- US Citizenship Required
- There is no promotion potential associated with this position
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age