Job Title:Program Assistant - GS - 0303 - 08 (Open to U.S. Citizens) - BP
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Job Announcement Number:FMCSA.E-2013-0006
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, February 11, 2013 to
Tuesday, February 12, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
This job is also being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: FMCSA.E-2013-0005.
Vacancy is limited to the first 50 applications and will close early at midnight on the day we receive the 50th application.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) was established as a separate administration within the U.S. Department of Transportation on January 1, 2000, pursuant to the Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act of 1999. Our primary mission is to reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks and buses. FMCSA is headquartered in Washington, DC. We employ more than 1,000 individuals, in all 50 States and the District of Columbia, dedicated to improving bus and truck safety and saving lives.This position is part of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Office of Enforcement. This organization is within the FMCSA's headquarters in Washington, DC. The purpose of the position is to provide administrative support to two Senior Executive Service Office Directors, the Office of Safety Programs and the Office of Enforcement and Compliance.
The ideal candidate for this position possess the skills to provide executive level administrative and program support which includes the ability to collect data, analyze facts and prepare reports, briefings and other applicable correspondence, and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen and meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- The announcement is also advertised merit promotion: FMCSA.E-2013-0005.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience utilizing automation systems (i.e., travel, correspondence, time and attendance systems) AND advanced functions of software packages (i.e. word processing, databases and spreadsheets) to edit, reformat and produce an wide range of documents in various formats such as graphics and tables. AND
- Experience interpreting data, planning work, managing an office, and independently carrying out all the administrative duties for the highest levels of authority in an office.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
The following documents must
be provided by the closing date:
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE.
- VETERANS: In order to be considered as preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD-214 must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming compensably disabled preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your DD214; an Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference, SF15; and the proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference. Additional information on veterans' preference is available in the Vet's Guide at: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS: If requesting concurrent consideration for: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp#AppointmentsLeading Noncompetitive Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility, (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/qaspouse/index.aspx military spouse NC appointments or http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp" Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: - Only required if requesting priority consideration under http://www.opm.gov/ctap/ CTAP/ICTAP</A>. You must submit ALL of the FOLLOWING: your most recent performance appraisal, the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency and your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. To receive priority consideration, you MUST be deemed well qualified for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.