Job Title:Director of Academic Support
Department:Department of the Navy
Agency:Secretary of the Navy/Assistant for Administration (DON/AA)
Job Announcement Number:EA31701-09-840494K4563739
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Saturday, February 09, 2013 to
Thursday, February 28, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Quantico, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms.
This is a Solicitation of Interest to create a pool of qualified candidates to fill an excepted service position (Title X) Director of Academic Support, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Marine Corps University (MCU). The University is located on Marine Corps Base, Quantico, VA. The incumbent is directly responsible for ensuring educational processes and procedures are in compliance with the standards of higher education, meeting regional accreditation requirements, providing the MCU leadership with data for informed decisions, and serving the needs of the Marine Corps. The Director of Academic Support manages the University curriculum review board, regional accreditation, academic chairs, education continuum, and academic policies.
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
DUTIES:Back to top
· Coordinate academic support for all MCU educational programs.
· Provide University level academic oversight and curricular coordination by managing the MCU Curriculum Review Board process.
· Develop academic policies to support and define the education processes and standards of the University. Coordinate the revision and submission of academic polices overseen by the VPAA as annual updates to the MCU Staff Regulations.
· Coordinate the activities and Federal Advisory Committee Act compliance of the MCU Board of Visitors. Schedules and coordinates meetings of the Board.
· Serve as University primary representative and liaison with the Commissions on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to ensure MCU maintains its regional accreditation.
· Provide oversight of the MCU Academic Chair program.
· Serve as the Contracting Officer Representative and Resource Advisor for the Office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
This position requires a mastery of both regional accreditation and professional military education programs, two highly specialized areas of education. Additionally, it requires high-level educational management skills and extensive experience in applying these skills, developing associated criteria and requirements, and evaluating new approaches and concepts. The incumbent is recognized by the Marine Corps, professional colleagues, and the military education community as an expert in professional military education. In this capacity, the incumbent adapts and extends established concepts and methods, and assesses proposals for innovative alternative approaches from the standpoint of educational soundness, likelihood of success, feasibility, cost, priority, and consistency with the overall objectives of the Marine Corps professional military education program. Knowledge of adult learning theory, methods, strategies, best practices, techniques of instructional curriculum development, and testing and measurement is desired.
A masters degree or higher in a related field is required.
This opening will be filled under Title 10 Excepted Service, AD-1701-09, ($105,000 to $115,000), which includes the current Local Market Supplement of 24.22%. Pay and title will be set commensurate with the successful candidates qualifications and MCU pay setting guidelines.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The candidates background, experience and training will be evaluated by a selection committee against the criteria listed above. Selected candidates will be interviewed.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
If interested in this position, please submit a brief letter of interest with curriculum vitae and current contact information to MCU_Title10@usmc.mil no later than 28 February 2013. Questions should be directed to this address.
This announcement will close on 2/28/2013 and application packages must be received by that date to be considered.
Dr. Jerre Wilson
Dr. Jerre Wilson
2076 South St.
Quantico, VA 22134
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH USAJOBS OR APPLICATION MANAGER. YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE AND LETTER OF INTEREST AS INDICATED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The selection committee will contact selected candidates for interview within two-three weeks of the closeout date.
EEO Policy Statement: http://www.usajobs.gov/eeo
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: http://www.usajobs.gov/rapsThe selection committee will contact selected candidates for interview within two weeks of the closeout date.