1. Be able to communicate in English (verbal and written)
2. Be 18 years of age at time of employment.
3. Possess and maintain ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop,
and stand on a routine basis.
Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
5. Possess knowledge and demonstrated skill in Microsoft Windows and Applications
using the Internet (email, searching, web page design) and network computing.
Possess a professional certificate or higher related to computer science/information
technology, or 24 months of experience working in the related field.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. May be required to work in various CYSS facilities to meetthe mission
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All required background checks of AR
215-3 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained,
including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries(CNACI). A health
assessment is required. Satisfactory performance, successful completion of
training requirements (transition and/or annual) and demonstrated on the job
competency is required. Failure to achieve desired training with demonstrated
competence may result in separation. Position requires working with computers,
peripherals, software and common hand and electrical tools.
Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety
of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune
individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed
illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication
are exempt from this requirement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Ability to assess the needs of children/youth, Oral communication skills; Knowledge and skill in IT systems.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.