SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-04) or equivalent. Specialized experience is experience which may have been performed while working with a Federal, State, municipal, local, or private protective organization that involved the protection of property against such hazards as fire, theft, damage, accident, or trespass; or maintaining order and protecting life. Such experience must have provided knowledge of protective systems and techniques. Acceptable experience includes service in the Armed Services or Coast Guard that involved the performance of guard duties on a regular or intermittent basis. For Security Guard positions in a hospital setting, experience as a psychiatric nursing assistant or a similar position safeguarding patients is qualifying.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of safety and security.
2. Knowledge of traffic control/security regulations and procedures.
3. Knowledge of the rights of detained individuals and rules regarding appropriate use of force.
4. Ability to learn the operation of specialized weapons, equipment, and integrated base defense security systems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
- This position has been identified as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program. Incumbent of this position is subject to random drug testing.
- Must be qualified in the use of required weapons.
- Must obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- The position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968.
- Must pass an initial pre-employment medical examination, periodic medical exams, required physical fitness/physical agility tests, meet established hearing standards and discern colors, contrast, and depth.
- Must undergo initial and periodic job compatibility assessments.
- Must maintain annual first responder training/certification required in CPR techniques, self aid buddy care, and first aid.
- Must pass initial formal law enforcement training school as determined by functional.
- May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty, to include nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, rotating shifts, and recall.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING:
Your application will be rated under the Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the quality, depth, and complexity of your experience and education relate to the qualifications requirement. Additional points are not added for Veteran's Preference; however, Veteran Preference is still applied.
Category 3, Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements.
Category 2, Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements.
Category 1, Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The numeric rating you received is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.