All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
SK-11: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-09 level in the Federal service or comparable pay band system. Specialized experience is defined as supporting operational activities in the areas of logistical planning and implementation, tracking progress on deliverables for assigned organizations, maintaining official and/or highly sensitive records, determining the material resource needs of an organization, and providing guidance on administrative policies and procedures.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M.
A combination of specialized experience and education.
SK-12: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-11 in the Federal service or comparable pay band system. In addition to the SK-11 level described above, specialized experience is defined as analyzing administrative processes to improve efficiencies in workflow, supporting special projects and/or assignments which directly impacts achieving operational performance goals and objectives. This must also include identifying efficiencies and recommending ways to enhance performance; developing and maintaining data tracking systems, developing and recommending revised standard operating procedures based on assessments and thorough analysis, and conducting all source data reviews to assess program performance to support continuous improvement efforts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your resume will be evaluated on the listed KSAs in the occupational questionnaire for this announcement.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with peers as well as with senior officials, supervisors, and representatives internal and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of standard administrative practices and procedures.
- Analytical Skills
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK-TAG:Promotion Potential.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.9. This position is not bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates: For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means that candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application and veteran preference. Generally, only candidates in the top quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Individuals with veteran's preference will be placed ahead of other applicants within the rating category to which they are assigned. Preference-eligible veterans who have at least 10 percent compensable service-connected disability, and who have met the basic qualification requirements, will be placed ahead of other applicants in the highest category.
There will be three quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified.