Job Title: Supervisory Budget Analyst (DEU)Job Announcement Number: OS/OFM-2013-0009
Department: Department Of Commerce
Agency: Office of the Secretary
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, February 08, 2013 to
Friday, February 15, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time, Permanent
Few vacancies in the following location:
District Of Columbia County, DC, USView Map
The Office of Financial Management (OFM) is looking for bright, innovative, and results-oriented individuals to join our fast-paced organization. Make a difference by joining our team!
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING ANNOUNCED CONCURRENTLY UNDER MERIT ASSIGNMENT PROCEDURES (MAP) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: OS/OFM-2013-0008. Applicants who wish to be considered under DEU and Merit Assignment Procedures must apply to both announcements.
The incumbent of this position will serve in the Office of Executive Budgeting.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- 52 weeks time in grade at the lower grade level is required.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Investigations or clearances must be completed prior to appointment.
DUTIES:Back to top
The incumbent will direct the budget formulation, budget execution oversight and budget presentation and special project analysis for all Departmental Management accounts. The incumbent will manage the Office of Executive Budgeting which administers the budget for the Office of the Secretary (OS). Manages an office with bureau-wide responsibility, a major office of an extramural program, or major office through subordinate supervisors reporting directly to this position; or exercises principal responsiblity for office or division level administrative management and budget operations. The incumbent will be responsible for working with the OS offices, accounting services, and bureaus in the department to ensure accuracy of financial information included in the monthly financial reports. Also provides guidance and quality and timely customer service to the OS offices and DOC bureaus in all aspects of the budget, with emphasis on budget formulation and execution oversight.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the Budget Analyst, ZA-0560-V, you must possess: One year of specialized experience which is equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-14) or equivalent in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as supervising the preparation of budget estimates, tracking obligations and making comparisons to the operating budget. Supervising and developing algorithms, reviewing budget justifications in support of budget submissions; preparing and reviewing monthly status of funds reports, analyzing undelivered orders, and coordinating information for briefings and bureau meetings. Experience with the preparation and oversight of the OMB and Congressional budget process.
Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 EASTERN TIME (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/ No, Multiple Choice questions). However, your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the self-assessment questions, or your score may be lowered. The best-qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview. The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
1. Ability to manage subordinates and provide oversight for all aspects of budget execution and formulation.
2. Ability to plan, organize, track and manage budgetary resources to support the mission of the Department.
3. Knowledge of budget formulation, execution and presentation. To preview questions please click here.
BENEFITS:Back to top
The Department of Commerce offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp#icc.
ICTAP candidates will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management's Career Transition Resources website at: http://www.opm.gov/ctap ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
1. A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for failure to relocate, notice of disability annuity termination, or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
2. A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", documenting your RIF separation, noting your positions, grade level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL.
3. A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
4. Any documentation from your agency that shoes your current promotion potential.
The following links provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities:
• 30% or more disabled veteran
• Persons with disabilities