To apply for this position, you must meet the following qualifications:
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR:
This position includes Selective Placement Factors (skill, knowledge, ability or other worker characteristic basic to - and essential for - satisfactory performance of the job).
Selective Placement Factors are a prerequisite to appointment and represent minimum requirements for a position. Applicants who do not meet them are ineligible for further consideration.
The Selective Placement Factors for this position are:
1. I have experience designing and implementing dynamic reporting tools using SQL tools (MS SQL, Transact-SQL, Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS,) and ProClarity.
2. I have skill in advanced programming techniques and languages to perform data extractions of clinical informatics metrics for data mining and data analysis, data reporting from Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) or Enterprise wide clinical databases.
Candidates must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has provided you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of a GS-13 Management and Program Analyst. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include providing information and analytical support for high level project management in a health care system; evaluating data and information to determine major issues and objectives of an organization; developing and supporting data resources needed for healthcare operations; conducting data analysis, data mining and reporting; applying an advanced level of technical knowledge (e.g., program design, benchmarking, research, evaluation and statistical data); designing and developing reporting systems for retrieving statistical data (e.g. surveys, databases, reports, etc.); evaluating/analyzing effectiveness of programs or operations; recommending improvements to management based on findings of analysis; presenting complex issues to peers, management, organizations and other clientele; using computer languages and programming techniques to manipulate data; and using a variety of applications to manipulate data (e.g. database, internet, reporting tools, etc.).A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
- Knowledge and skill in program design, research techniques, benchmarking, statistical analysis and adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to determine program effectiveness, to develop new or modified methods, and to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to analyze problems and present both written and oral recommendations, taking into consideration the wide range of factors and requirements which affect management of a healthcare delivery system.
- Skill to plan and organize team study work and negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations.
- Ability to perform full functions of project management.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, non service-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed " SF15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," (go to http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and required documentation with your application materials. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be ranked based on four quality groups, as follows:
- Best qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job;
- Well qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job; and
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
After the vacancy announcement closes, reviewed applications are evaluated against the questionnaire responses and placed in the appropriate quality group. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.